iphone questions

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I don't have one so I need to know when you are making a phone call, how do you do that? Scroll thru, click a button? Talk to the phone? Of it is click a button, what does the button say? How do you end a conversation? Does an iPhone have a 'vibrate' setting?

You can get a regular "dial pad" with numbers, you can go to your contacts and scroll or jump to who you want.... or you can just start typing a name in a search and it will pull it from your contacts. I believe there are also apps for voice dialing as well

I got one a few weeks ago and am still learning all the things you can do, but it's pretty intuitive.
You can roll your contacts from your existing phone into the iphone for starters. Then to make a call you push the phone icon. From there you can choose between a keypad icon, contact list or recent calls.
You can also scroll thru your contact list and hover over a name and say "call Mort" for example and it will dial it for you.
You can set to vibrate.
They take awesome pictures too!

I got one a few weeks ago and am still learning all the things you can do, but it's pretty intuitive.
You can roll your contacts from your existing phone into the iphone for starters. Then to make a call you push the phone icon. From there you can choose between a keypad icon, contact list or recent calls.
You can also scroll thru your contact list and hover over a name and say "call Mort" for example and it will dial it for you.
You can set to vibrate.
They take awesome pictures too!.
domestique said:
They take awesome pictures too!
I have seen amazing videos, too.

Thanks all! It's for my book. I realized a 30-something would have an iPhone. But no idea how it worked.

You didn't ask, but I think my iPhone is the best! Yes, you can import your contacts from your old phone & also from your email (so you can have all of the info-name, address, email, phone, special notes-all in one place). The touch screen is very easy to use.
I also can easily answer email inquiries from my iPhone (could from the Blackberry, too, but the screen & all that you can do/see is SO much easier/clearer w/the iPhone).
It has a calendar, where you can even set alarms (example, after folks check out, sometimes we arrange a time to meet them at the ferry dock w/their bags).
It is my am wake up alarm, too.
Has great GPS-you just put in where you want to go & it draws a little map (which you can zoom in or out on) & gives step by step written directions, too (you could even choose how you want to get to your destination-car, walking, public transport).
The above are not even getting into all the "apps" that you can load up & utilize-like Facebook or Twitter that you can use (for business as well) right there. Example, we can snap a picture & then upload to our business FB page w/caption in seconds. So easy!
My iPhone is great!

You didn't ask, but I think my iPhone is the best! Yes, you can import your contacts from your old phone & also from your email (so you can have all of the info-name, address, email, phone, special notes-all in one place). The touch screen is very easy to use.
I also can easily answer email inquiries from my iPhone (could from the Blackberry, too, but the screen & all that you can do/see is SO much easier/clearer w/the iPhone).
It has a calendar, where you can even set alarms (example, after folks check out, sometimes we arrange a time to meet them at the ferry dock w/their bags).
Has great GPS-you just put in where you want to go & it draws a little map (which you can zoom in or out on) & gives step by step written directions, too (you could even choose how you want to get to your destination-car, walking, public transport).
The above are not even getting into all the "apps" that you can load up & utilize-like Facebook or Twitter that you can use (for business as well) right there. Example, we can snap a picture & then upload to our business FB page w/caption in seconds. So easy!
My iPhone is great!.
Uh oh, now I have to think about adding Twitter to my book.
Anyone have opinions on that? Do you cringe when books seem to throw in gratuitous mention of popular culture?

My iPhone is great!.
Uh oh, now I have to think about adding Twitter to my book.
Anyone have opinions on that? Do you cringe when books seem to throw in gratuitous mention of popular culture?
Good question. For me, yes, unless it really makes sense for the character. It also depends on whether it will stand the test of time.

Back