Ireland B&B Video

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Later this year we're finally getting our trip to Ireland. I've just received an e-mail from B&B Ireland which is part of their national tourist organization. THIS is the type of marketing I wish PAII would participate in, instead of the stupid doily campaign or gas bucks! Take a look, I think it's a great video. What I also appreciate is that it's not focused on large $$$$ properties which is typically what the U.S. PR focuses on.
Bed and Breakfast in Ireland

Yes - I keep getting guests who have never been to a B&B and are pleasantly suprised because they have no idea what to expect. I keep telling them to check out the websites and they can get the flavor of the B&B to see if it is what they would like. A video of different areas showing all the B&Bs and their amenities would be great, including showing what amenities they are close to - just like that video.
I agree - fighting over something like doilies does not inform the public at all.
And any online stuff from the travel companies always show the biggest and most expensive. Online writers do that too. I don't see many writing from experience so much these days etiher. They are all gleaning info from other sites. I can tell because Frommer's misspelled my name and so I can see all who have copied info from them as they misspell it the same way
RIki

Yes, very good. I've stayed at a lot of B&Bs in Ireland and can tell you that there are also a lot of places upstairs over pubs in the heart of the towns that say "B&B" on the sign out front but are more like staying in a hotel with breakfast included. You go in, register, get your key, and you're on your own with no more staff contact, which is fine with me!
There's no beating the full Irish/Scotish/English breakfast. That's standard everywhere (except one place we stayed in the town of Dingle that only serves breads and pastries, cheeses, and such, but she makes that clear when you make your reservation, so no surprises).
The video sure made me want to go back. I love Ireland!

Sure makes one think doesn't it? Wouldn't it be wonderful if WE could put together such a nice little video.
I just spoke to a friend of mine who does voice overs (for the women out there - sorry Arks - he has a voice to die for) and he said a video of that nature could be done realativley cheap. There are no special affects, no high powered chase scenes, just a nice guy talking to you about how cool it is to stay in a Bed and Breakfast in Ireland. Basically you pay the videographer, the "host" - that would be you, travel expenses, and editing. Get a local musician to record an original piece of music, they will most likely offer it up for free for the great publicity and a closing credit.
I personally just changed my marketing budget to include making something similar to this, to educate my future guests on what it is like to visit a farm stay.

Sure makes one think doesn't it? Wouldn't it be wonderful if WE could put together such a nice little video.
I just spoke to a friend of mine who does voice overs (for the women out there - sorry Arks - he has a voice to die for) and he said a video of that nature could be done realativley cheap. There are no special affects, no high powered chase scenes, just a nice guy talking to you about how cool it is to stay in a Bed and Breakfast in Ireland. Basically you pay the videographer, the "host" - that would be you, travel expenses, and editing. Get a local musician to record an original piece of music, they will most likely offer it up for free for the great publicity and a closing credit.
I personally just changed my marketing budget to include making something similar to this, to educate my future guests on what it is like to visit a farm stay..
this is a particularly good example a neighbour of mine has apart from the horid music!
http://www.alexa-house.co.uk/
I wouldn't do music in case people are watching it on the sly at work. However this is what drives me mad!
this is one of their reviews on laterooms Pleasantly Surprised
Didn't know what to expect of this guesthouse although it was highly rated. Didn't want to end up staying in someones spare room! But it has 13 rooms/suits in total and it is a lovely huge house just outside of Harrogate centre (10min walk). Owners were super friendly - very helpful with local knowledge. Accommodation was comfortable. Loved the honesty bar!! Breakfast was nice but perhaps a bit oily and I'm not sure if everything was made from scratch. All in all a good place to stay.
My point being you have seen the web site, reviews, vidio etc and yet we are all still battleing against - "didn't want to end up staying in someone's spare room!!!!!!" AHHHHHH!!!!!

Sigh!! I DO wish PAII would take notice. I really do not see edgy as being the solution nor a Doily War to draw people in to B & Bs. Just educate them to what we do.
Show places like Riki that provide complimentary wine, places like mine that give that early or late breakfast, small inns that give great service, special foods B & Bs - THAT is what should be used to promote us. When they show the big inns with staff and breakfast buffets we look like hotels. Of course, it is the big inns with staff that can aford to FINANCE the videos. Even though many of us little guys have pledged what is for US big bucks to BWTS, when you do not have much even $100 is a lot.
One thing that amazed me at the PAII Conference when they were drumming up $$ for BWTS in 2011 was the size of some of the pledges. I would never dream of an innkeeper having that much money available to give away - even if it is a tax deductible donation! I guess I really am small potatoes.

What a wonderful video!!!!
I want to go!!!.
We've been three times and have had wonderful experiences at the B & B's. We have always been told though to make sure you stay in the B & B's that have the green shamrock on their sign which indicates that they have been approved by "Bord Failtre" which is the tourist board of Ireland.

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! I positive approach, informative yet generic. Wish Jay would take a look at that video and see that the approach they are taking is at the expense of some of their own. How is that positive?

Back