Irene is here ...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
so tropical storm irene is here ... downgraded to tropical storm here on the south shore of massachusetts so that is a good thing.
very windy in GUSTS and lots of rain and the sky goes from dark to bright while the rain continues ... very strange stuff.
we have tree limbs down in the driveway and out back
boats still in the water are getting battered about. i know it's a hassle to pull them but we had lots of warning and i don't know why some people are determined to let their boats ride it out. i understand about the big boats that get pulled up close to the docks for safety, i mean the little ones on their moorings that come loose and crash.
electricity has been going off and on for the past two hours ... up on the north shore of mass. the power is OUT.
not sure what the temp is but the house feels hot to me. hot and muggy. but so far, just a storm ... not so bad.

Still pretty windy here and the power just came back on after being off for 6 hours. Looks like it is tracking to the west of us and we're only getting the edge of it. LOTS of branches down, still not going outside.

I think it slammed straight thru where my daughter lives. Will try to call her later on when things calm down.

Hope everyone is ok and it is now past where you are - abi hope your daughter is ok?

OK all of you in Irene's Path - report in and let us know you are OK - PLEASE be OK.

Hope everyone is ok and it is now past where you are - abi hope your daughter is ok?.
Everyone is fine. They even went ahead and had the g-son's birthday party last night. OTOH, my old college (in the same town) is closed for today and they told everyone to stay inside last night.
We've got some tree branches to clean up. Lucky on that one.

Everyone come through okay? We just got a bit of rain in Charlottesville, Richmond to the east lost power.
RIki

All my family members in the DC area lost power and most are still without power. Minor damage in yards and with roofs. All were very lucky....

SS- How are things by you?
We are doing all the stuff we couldn't do yesterday...5 rooms' of laundry, vacuuming, finding the wine stains that were invisible in the near dark yesterday, clearing the downed branches off the lawn.
Otherwise, nary a problem. Other parts of the state fared much worse. NH got socked. VT is partly underwater. Friends were calling out on FB for help in bailing out basements as flood waters in the river rose around them.

So far, it sounds like everyone came through relatively OK. Thank goodness!! I've just been watching and reading.
All of my fellow mariners came through OK except for one who got his bow and pulpit ripped off by a boat that was merely anchored with what looked like clothes line which broke loose and smashed into him. Fortunately, none of the damage was below the waterline. Neither was insured. He's a liveaboard, so he'll get FEMA funds to fix the boat.
I was really happy to see how quickly this storm weakened before hitting NC and those areas north.
I CAN'T WAIT for the end of October and put all this worry behind me.

Back