Ironing the linens

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Won't make their beds when I fluff rooms, either. We are not the Plaza. We are better.

Nope. Won't make their beds when I fluff rooms, either. We are not the Plaza. We are better..
Tom said:
Nope. Won't make their beds when I fluff rooms, either. We are not the Plaza. We are better.
You don't make the beds? What does a fluff consist of? What am I missing?

Nope. Won't make their beds when I fluff rooms, either. We are not the Plaza. We are better..
Tom said:
You don't make the beds? What does a fluff consist of? What am I missing?
We don't make beds during stays either. I empty trash, remove and replace towels, and make sure each room still has bottled water. If the inside room door is locked, they get none of those services, even though I can always gain access through the room's exterior door.

My guests have usually already made their bed..
Some of our guests make their beds as well...but not all. So we make the beds each day. I think it is important that the guest come back to a room with a made bed, no trash, no sand on the floor, dry towels and clean dry shower stalls/tubs/sinks. It is a lot of work when we have sloppy casual guests during the busy seasons (which is all we are going to be offering as B+B from now on)
I hang out my sheets to dry and let the sea breeze 'iron" them, only touching up the pillow cases if needed. The 100% cotton sheets come off the line wrinkle free and are easy to fold right on the clothes line.

My guests have usually already made their bed..
Some of our guests make their beds as well...but not all. So we make the beds each day. I think it is important that the guest come back to a room with a made bed, no trash, no sand on the floor, dry towels and clean dry shower stalls/tubs/sinks. It is a lot of work when we have sloppy casual guests during the busy seasons (which is all we are going to be offering as B+B from now on)
I hang out my sheets to dry and let the sea breeze 'iron" them, only touching up the pillow cases if needed. The 100% cotton sheets come off the line wrinkle free and are easy to fold right on the clothes line.
Unless the bed is covered with crap it's getting made up. What's the sense of doing only half a job?
It's like doing everything other than vacuuming or taking out the trash or wiping down the bathroom.
BED and breakfast. BED is half the name.
BTW, I am very casual on vacation. I don't make the bed myself because it's a luxury to have someone else do that for me.
However, I do tidy everything else in the room.

I guess they make the beds because they know you are going to see it. They probably don't make their beds at a hotel because they don't interact with the hotel maids they way they interact with you.
It can't be fun to feel the need to make the bed if you're on vacation and don't really want to, but I don't really know of a way to prevent it without putting out yet another sign!
So it is what it is.

I guess they make the beds because they know you are going to see it. They probably don't make their beds at a hotel because they don't interact with the hotel maids they way they interact with you.
It can't be fun to feel the need to make the bed if you're on vacation and don't really want to, but I don't really know of a way to prevent it without putting out yet another sign!
So it is what it is..
No, it is not that because I ask them if they need maid service. I tell them that I know many people do NOT like someone entering their room. I explain that I will be happy to provide maid service if they wish it but I will not enter the room without informing them that I will. Most tell me they do not need maid service - they have already made the bed.
That is when I tell them great, now you do not have to hide your sex toys (with a laugh). They chuckle too and begin their day.

We use an expensive no-iron cotton damask stripe sheet that does not need ironing- EVER! It is so worth it to us to pay the price upfront and avoid the extra expense of having us or our room manager iron. Ah-choo!.
What brand of sheets do you use?

We use an expensive no-iron cotton damask stripe sheet that does not need ironing- EVER! It is so worth it to us to pay the price upfront and avoid the extra expense of having us or our room manager iron. Ah-choo!.
charter club from macy's. They have been great for no ironing. If you are in a turn and burn situation with heavy use or a budget friendly place with a tighter reign on cost management, these would not be a good choice, but for a more lux operation where a matching color and damask pattern add a custom touch, these have done well. Colors hold up well. No iron treatment holds up well. Best to get them on sale when the price dips to around $140 a set if you buy two extra pillow cases.

charter club from macy's. They have been great for no ironing. If you are in a turn and burn situation with heavy use or a budget friendly place with a tighter reign on cost management, these would not be a good choice, but for a more lux operation where a matching color and damask pattern add a custom touch, these have done well. Colors hold up well. No iron treatment holds up well. Best to get them on sale when the price dips to around $140 a set if you buy two extra pillow cases.
oops..you didn't look at the post date did you? A spammer was here recently and brought up this old topic. But thanks for the recommendation.

oops..you didn't look at the post date did you? A spammer was here recently and brought up this old topic. But thanks for the recommendation.
uh.. i don't get it.. the original post says 12-21-14 no?

You're right happy. This is not an old topic (though ironing has been discussed in a lot of old ones).

uh.. i don't get it.. the original post says 12-21-14 no?
I'm the original poster and I'm not a spammer. I was just curious. My web site is http://countrystarbedandbreakfast.com/ if anyone is interested. Plus we're on FB.

EmptyNest said:
Less than a week old for this thread.

EmptyNest said:
Perhaps a spammer has taken over EN's account. LOL

EmptyNest said:
Sorry folks. i dont know what I was seeing. Guess i was still half asleep
cry_smile.gif

i could have sworn there was only one post from sandyann from 2009... really.

Back