Is 10am too late for a second breakfast seating?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
We have a wine festival next weekend and will have two sit down seatings for breakfast both mornings, due to the festival I was thinking of having them a bit later, 9am and 10am. Do you think 10am is too late or will some guests be happy for a 10am breakfast?

If folks need to get on the road, it may be but..there may also be some who would love to sleep in a bit. Just ask them:)

If I were going to a wine festival the night before I would be glad for a 10 am seating. But if folks have to drive a long way and just want to get up and on the road you might get a crush at the earlier seating. Maybe 8:45 and 9:30? Or is that too close together?

We typically do 830 and 930 for full house. We might stick to that, I just thought we might have an influx of those wanting a later breakfast...

We typically do 830 and 930 for full house. We might stick to that, I just thought we might have an influx of those wanting a later breakfast....
Is this the first time for the wine festival? IF not, what did you do last year? Did it work? If so, keep doing it:)

If any of those 10:00 breakfast folks are checking out that morning, forget about them leaving by 11:00.

i would LOVE it. i'm sure i had guests who would have loved it. the only issue is the check out time ... i used to offer breakfast between 8 and 10 (with telling them that i wanted to serve by 9:45) but often had lingerers at the tables and in the breakfast room if they had all been at something special late the nite before.

I think it would be too late here. Even our late arrivals for breakfast this a.m. - the two young couples who were out late - were down by 9:15. Are you going to delay checkout also?
We delay breakfast by 1/2 hour two times a year - spring daylight savings and New Year's morning - and make it 1/2 hour earlier at fall daylight savings. On New Year's, we do a fancy continental with omelets on order over the course of the hour. But our setup is a little different than yours.
ETA: we also delay checkout by 1/2 hour on those days with late breakfasts.

I did a 10am breakfast today at the request of the guests, and they ate and were gone before 11.
regular_smile.gif

We typically do 830 and 930 for full house. We might stick to that, I just thought we might have an influx of those wanting a later breakfast....
Is this the first time for the wine festival? IF not, what did you do last year? Did it work? If so, keep doing it:)
catlady said:
21st annual wine festival.

Ask your guests, but I don't think it's too late.
For me personally, I prefer to have more than an hour between sittings.
=)
Kk.

See the reason I am having two seatings is it is full house 13 guests, I am not going to ask them. I have to have it printed up for Friday check in, pick one seating - put your name here ____________ or Here___________
Maybe I should have made it a poll. Nope can't have more than an hour between seating. My options are 830 and 930 or 9 and 10. 10 is too late for me, but others might like it! No worries with them all checking out late after a wine fest they always are late getting out of here! :)

See the reason I am having two seatings is it is full house 13 guests, I am not going to ask them. I have to have it printed up for Friday check in, pick one seating - put your name here ____________ or Here___________
Maybe I should have made it a poll. Nope can't have more than an hour between seating. My options are 830 and 930 or 9 and 10. 10 is too late for me, but others might like it! No worries with them all checking out late after a wine fest they always are late getting out of here! :).
Joe Bloggs said:
Maybe I should have made it a poll. Nope can't have more than an hour between seating. My options are 830 and 930 or 9 and 10. 10 is too late for me, but others might like it! No worries with them all checking out late after a wine fest they always are late getting out of here! :)
How about doing it like the cruise ships - have them choose their seating and when one is booked they just have to take what's open.
We have had guests who have not come out until 10 for breakfast, and not previously arranged with us. They were the only room here so felt like they could do what the *&^%%% they wanted.
RIki

Back