Is a bed and breakfast a B&B if it only has ONE guest room?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is about the style and professionalism with which it is done. In the Uk the law and tax is a bit different if you take 6 guests or less at any one time there is virtually no government restrictions on what you do and as long as you don't make more than $6500 a year you don't even have to declare it. This is to help people who are just letting out a room now and again for extra money to pay the bills. Once you go over that line (ie me) you have to file special tax returns and comply with all sorts of fire regulations and environmental health. However if you buy a place that was a B&B before it is grandfathered in ie you don't have to upgrade anything that is not up to code but if you do want to change anything then you have to do it then. Ie we built a flat in the basement and to get permission to do that we had to put Fire doors on all the bedroom doors. We are currently trying to get planning for all new PVC sliding sash windows for all the windows to reduce sound comming in and heat loss going out plus reduce maintenance so we will see what the conditions on it are.

I just came across another place with one room/suite, a full kitchen, and "Optional breakfast basket for two people is an additional $15." They list weekly rates on the website, as well as daily.
How is this not a vacation rental? a one room rental.

I just came across another place with one room/suite, a full kitchen, and "Optional breakfast basket for two people is an additional $15." They list weekly rates on the website, as well as daily.
How is this not a vacation rental? a one room rental..
LOts of folks trying to get on B & B wagon...I have several cabins who are now calling themselves B& B because they put food in the kitchen for them to make breakfast..NOT!

Back