Is anyone flying anymore?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So far this weekend...all of these folks drove here: FL, MI, IN, CA, NC.
And yet we have guests who fly in from NYC!

Mine HAVE to drive! Puddlejumper is 11 miles (but expensive to come in there) and the closest major airport is a bit over 2 hours.

Obviously they are because this morning they were warning that there were no to few long term parking spaces at the airport...oh...Reagan that is:-(

I'm making 4 trips in the next few months and am flying 3 out of 4. The only one that is a car trip is one that can be made in about 6 hours and it's only a 3 day trip for a wedding. The driving for the others would take too much out of the trips. I got flights for around $200 for all the trips...all in the U.S. and one is coast-to-coast. :)

Doofus, as usual is a day late and a dollar short! Somehow I had it in my head that Wednesday was the day the passport rates went up - NOPE! Today. I was sooo buried yesterday that there was no way to go apply for my passport. I had it all together this morning and call to make an appointment only to find the rate went up today - so I go tomorrow (today was a worse zoo with guests leaving late and booking to come back in December before they left, an appointment to get the door handle fixed on my car so I no longer have to roll down the window to get out, AND 2 rooms coming in so i have a full house tonight) to apply for my passport. And I will be flying. I am going to Germany in May IF both my cousin/big brother and I are still alive because he is paying the plane fare for me to come visit him for a month! Been talking about it for 3 years and it took them raising the fee to get me to do it.

With so many "stay-cations" most of our guests are within driving distance.

Doofus, as usual is a day late and a dollar short! Somehow I had it in my head that Wednesday was the day the passport rates went up - NOPE! Today. I was sooo buried yesterday that there was no way to go apply for my passport. I had it all together this morning and call to make an appointment only to find the rate went up today - so I go tomorrow (today was a worse zoo with guests leaving late and booking to come back in December before they left, an appointment to get the door handle fixed on my car so I no longer have to roll down the window to get out, AND 2 rooms coming in so i have a full house tonight) to apply for my passport. And I will be flying. I am going to Germany in May IF both my cousin/big brother and I are still alive because he is paying the plane fare for me to come visit him for a month! Been talking about it for 3 years and it took them raising the fee to get me to do it..
gillumhouse said:
And I will be flying. I am going to Germany in May IF both my cousin/big brother and I are still alive because he is paying the plane fare for me to come visit him for a month! Been talking about it for 3 years and it took them raising the fee to get me to do it.
Motivation comes in the most unexpected places. What a great trip to look forward to!

Doofus, as usual is a day late and a dollar short! Somehow I had it in my head that Wednesday was the day the passport rates went up - NOPE! Today. I was sooo buried yesterday that there was no way to go apply for my passport. I had it all together this morning and call to make an appointment only to find the rate went up today - so I go tomorrow (today was a worse zoo with guests leaving late and booking to come back in December before they left, an appointment to get the door handle fixed on my car so I no longer have to roll down the window to get out, AND 2 rooms coming in so i have a full house tonight) to apply for my passport. And I will be flying. I am going to Germany in May IF both my cousin/big brother and I are still alive because he is paying the plane fare for me to come visit him for a month! Been talking about it for 3 years and it took them raising the fee to get me to do it..
gillumhouse said:
And I will be flying. I am going to Germany in May IF both my cousin/big brother and I are still alive because he is paying the plane fare for me to come visit him for a month! Been talking about it for 3 years and it took them raising the fee to get me to do it.
Motivation comes in the most unexpected places. What a great trip to look forward to!
Now I have to decide where I want to go and what I want to se and do. He has a camper and I told DH that if I go, I am goiong for a month. The kids are planning to take turns babysitting Pops.

gillumhouse said:
Now I have to decide where I want to go and what I want to se and do. He has a camper and I told DH that if I go, I am goiong for a month. The kids are planning to take turns babysitting Pops.
Very cool.

My DH flies a lot for his job - they think nothing of popping him on a plane to fly wherever for the day (yep - out in the morning, back in the afternoon). On one hand, I find it ridiculous - they really couldn't do this via teleconferencing? OTOH, he (my DH) says that from what he can see the airlines are just increasingly focusing on business customers and aren't making an effort to accommodate people traveling for other reasons (vacations, etc).

My DH flies a lot for his job - they think nothing of popping him on a plane to fly wherever for the day (yep - out in the morning, back in the afternoon). On one hand, I find it ridiculous - they really couldn't do this via teleconferencing? OTOH, he (my DH) says that from what he can see the airlines are just increasingly focusing on business customers and aren't making an effort to accommodate people traveling for other reasons (vacations, etc)..
Yeah, corporate travel people.... They paid almost double the fare as what I paid to fly my dh to the U.K. last Fall. huh?
I used to fly once a month in my last corporate job for a same day meeting with folks from a couple of other offices. We had video conferencing in place, but upper management felt like it was more productive to have actual face-to-face meetings. It made for a long day....
You can see when you book travel about the perks for business travelers.

Wir bieten romantisch Brautkleider Große Größen zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.abendkleider günstig abendkleider günstigSchatz Kurz Brautkleider
Marvelous und herrliche A-Linie Silhouette, trägerlosen bardress bardress, einteilige Stil mit Cocktailkleider herzförmiger Ausschnitt und Rücken gewickelt Reißverschluss. Textured Chiffon ist symmetrisch über dem Mieder mit erlesenen Spitzen Verzierungen regnet vom Ausschnitt der Taille geraffte gesunken. Vier Lagen Rüschen Kaskade in einer Flüssigkeit Wasserfall berühren.
One Shoulder Strap Sweetheart Mantel Cut Brautschmuck
Ärmelloses, fesselnde einteilige und kühlen Mantel Silhouette Stil mit einer Schulter geschnallt Ausschnitt und Rücken gewickelt Reißverschluss. Airy Seidenchiffon ist symmetrisch über die Büste mit schillernden Brosche sitzt würdevoll auf zentrale Front geraffte. Exquisite Pailletten gemacht Blumenverschönerungen regen sich aus Empire-Taille bis Saum abendkleid abendmode , akzentuiert durch plissierte Chiffon Band der Festlegung der natürlichen Taille.
V-Ausschnitt ärmellos Brautkleider in Stunning Top
Ärmellos, ballkleid kaufen ewig und ewig Mädchenkleider A-Linie Silhouette online shop abendkleid online shop abendkleid abendkleider , designer ballkleid einem Stück Stil mit tiefem V-förmigen Ausschnitt und Rücken genäht Reißverschluss. Splendid Mieder flaunts innovative schwarze Motive mit schillernden Perlen schwimmen um die schlanke natürliche Taille. Ergänzend Rock absteigt, endend in casual knöchellanger Zug.
Kurze Brautkleider von White Chiffon
Trägerlos, abendmode abendkleider einteilige genial und unsterblich Prinzessin Silhouette Stil mit Abblendlicht Ausschnitt und Rücken gewickelt Reißverschluss. Textured chiffon Vorhängen elegant über das Mieder und fällt dann in abgestuften Volants und bildet die Komplimente Rock.
Knielangen Halfter Strapped Brautkleider
Ärmelloses, abendkleid für hochzeit abendkleid für hochzeit brautkleider brautmode fesselnde einteilige und kühlen Spalte Silhouette mit Halfter geschnallt Brautkleider Ausschnitt und Rücken gewickelt Reißverschluss. Innovative top flaunts symmetrische Falten Einwickeln der Büste Linie, die von winzigen Schlüsselloch akzentuiert. Sleek Rock folgt Kummerbund geschnittene Taille Linie, was einen herrlichen Abgang.
online brautmode

Back