Is anyone using Airbnb 'professional'?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Are you set up as a 'business' or 'professional' account on air? Where do you start that process? I can't get my old account back so I want to set up a new one as a business, using business info rather than personal.

Didn't realize you could differentiate. What are the benefits/drawbacks to each?

Didn't realize you could differentiate. What are the benefits/drawbacks to each?.
I am trying to figure that out, but I am unable to find a definitive answer. I think the professional version allows you to list all 200 of your properties under one name. (I am being sarcastic, but that IS one of the big perks.)
There are different cancellation policies, but I can't find them.
I lost my account last year because of my SSN. I thought I would try back again this year with my TIN instead. But I can't figure out how to sign up.

We are set up as a professional host account. I don't remember how it happened -- I think maybe they approached us and invited us, since we already had all nine of our cottages (plus our wedding venue) listed (?) Also, when we had first created our account, we had filled out their equivalent of a W-9 identifying our business as a corporation, and using our EIN, if that matters.
From their help system:
How can I use professional hosting tools?
Hosts can gain access to Airbnb’s professional hosting tools automatically by having 6 or more listings or by clicking Use professional tools in your Account Settings. The professional hosting tools include:
Listings page
Multi-calendar
Occupancy Tax
Pro marketing page
Rule-sets
Standard fees
Teams
If you want to stop using Airbnb’s professional hosting tools, you can return to your Account Settings and click Stop using them within the Professional hosting tools section. In 1-2 days you’ll lose access to these tools and your data will be deleted for:
Pricing and availability rules you’ve applied to your listings
Rule sets
Standard fees you’ve added to listings

Interesting tidbit - I thought I might be able to transfer the account to Gomez. No way Jose! That is 'highly unethical' to transfer the account to a 'new owner' because the guest is expecting to stay with the host they booked with.
So, I wonder how someone handles reservations if they sell their business? Do you have to cancel all the airbnb reservations because to do otherwise would be 'unethical'?
And, what about those folks with a business account who the guests never see anyway? Or stand alone housing?
OK, well off to try to update the account. Altho, not sure I really appreciate all the new rules.

Well, went thru the whole process again and they say they can't verify my identity.
It's a good thing bookingdot doesn't care who I am or I'd have no visibility!

Interesting tidbit - I thought I might be able to transfer the account to Gomez. No way Jose! That is 'highly unethical' to transfer the account to a 'new owner' because the guest is expecting to stay with the host they booked with.
So, I wonder how someone handles reservations if they sell their business? Do you have to cancel all the airbnb reservations because to do otherwise would be 'unethical'?
And, what about those folks with a business account who the guests never see anyway? Or stand alone housing?
OK, well off to try to update the account. Altho, not sure I really appreciate all the new rules..
Our account is in our names "jointly." In other words, in the "First Name" field of the profile, I put both our names: "Tim and Wendy," and our profile pic is one that shows the both of us.

OK, well off to try to update the account. Altho, not sure I really appreciate all the new rules..
Our account is in our names "jointly." In other words, in the "First Name" field of the profile, I put both our names: "Tim and Wendy," and our profile pic is one that shows the both of us.
OnTheShore said:
Ours was listed that way, too, with both our names, but it's my name as the account owner. I'm the one they can't verify. I'm going to have Gomez open a whole different account using his info and a different email. I can go in and fill in all the details after that.

Back