Is everybody up to date with new pool/spa laws?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landmark

Reaction score
I just wanted to inform you of the Virginia Graeme Baker Act. This federal law which carries a fine of up to 15 million fine and is enforced by the Consumer Protection Agency? requires that all main drain or drains be replaced with the new approved versions. Also on a commercial pool/ spa which is what most of you have, requires either 2 main drains at least 3 feet apart or a single main drain with a suction release vacuum system. The law requires you to be in compliance by Dec 19, 2008

OR, in compliance when you reopen the pool/spa in season. Around here, most pools/spas are under feet of snow (outdoor models). Indoor pools/spas DO have to be in compliance as you posted.

OR, in compliance when you reopen the pool/spa in season. Around here, most pools/spas are under feet of snow (outdoor models). Indoor pools/spas DO have to be in compliance as you posted..
Bree you are correct. You must be in compliance by Dec 19, 2008 or when you reopen.

I will have to go over to Family Dollar and get mine and blow it up first.

Yes, I believe if you do search I posted something here about this a long while back.

Back