is everyone going barking mad?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcam

Reaction score
What is it with people - 9pm so rang guest , made reservation for very busy show in November, card given and emailed confirmation - "really I made a reservation with you ive checked in somewhere else"
this is the 3rd case of this in my town this week! other place they reserved when they left last year, turned up and asked where the kitchen for them to use is and where should they park due to the tree's being cut? - they had reserved another apartment after they had left as well then turned up at the original reservation!
Also regulars of another neighbour of 10 years decided not to come this year and not let them know - lovely! and people wonder why we don't consider them as friends we can't afford to! plus I would never treat a friend like that!

Checking showed up last night for a room they had reserved for this date in 2017. We are full. DH gets on the availability calendar and finds one inn with two open rooms. He gives them the good news. They say, what is the rate? DH says, they have a room.
The two get in their car and sit for several minutes we assume looking for an inexpensive room. Not understanding that there are very few rooms available on a July Saturday.

Checking showed up last night for a room they had reserved for this date in 2017. We are full. DH gets on the availability calendar and finds one inn with two open rooms. He gives them the good news. They say, what is the rate? DH says, they have a room.
The two get in their car and sit for several minutes we assume looking for an inexpensive room. Not understanding that there are very few rooms available on a July Saturday..
We get that situation with walk ins. We have nothing but I tell them xyz inn has 2 rooms. 'how much?' I call the other inn for them and get the price. Guests drive off in opposite direction. 9pm. Good luck.
2017, huh? Was that a total mistake? Or were they planning to come then, too?

The two get in their car and sit for several minutes we assume looking for an inexpensive room. Not understanding that there are very few rooms available on a July Saturday..
We get that situation with walk ins. We have nothing but I tell them xyz inn has 2 rooms. 'how much?' I call the other inn for them and get the price. Guests drive off in opposite direction. 9pm. Good luck.
I get this with people at the door at busy trade fairs they figure they will turn up and find somewhere and "get a deal" I say all the places up to the right are full but X place round there has a room - they walk off in the opposite direction - their loss as X room will be gone by the time you get there and realise all the places I said were full are full. What they don't get is all the places directly opposite the conference centre fill up first you have to work further back to have a chance - their loss.

She made the res from her phone and didn't realize she was looking at 2017.

TheBeachHouse said:
I just had a guest reply back to the auto email that gets sent when a rez is made. I haven't looked at this in awhile so I read thru it.
Large as life - date of arrival and departure.
Confirmation email has arrival date in subject line and in the content.
Reminder email has all the same info.
There is zero reason someone should show up on the wrong date, in the wrong month, or the wrong year!

TheBeachHouse said:
I just had a guest reply back to the auto email that gets sent when a rez is made. I haven't looked at this in awhile so I read thru it.
There is zero reason someone should show up on the wrong date, in the wrong month, or the wrong year!
devil_smile.gif
Stupidity!

We got a walk in looking for two rooms. I gave her a brownie to eat while I checked our availability. I knew we were full but wanted to check it anyways. Yup. Full. Sent her to the next town to try there for rooms.

TheBeachHouse said:
you arn't fooling yourself people actually read?

TheBeachHouse said:
Jcam said:
I know.

I just got my first request to move beds!! I have two couples, taking our adjoining rooms. One room has a king bed and a twin daybed; the other has just a queen. The woman who called said that she and her husband needed separate sleeping areas, so they will take the room with the two beds, but she wanted to know if I could move the king bed into the other room so that their friends could have the bigger bed. WHAT!!???
After I explained that the queen bed was a 4-poster and the king headboard was attached to the wall, she conceded that it might be a little difficult after all. OMG! Where do these people come up with this stuff???

I just got my first request to move beds!! I have two couples, taking our adjoining rooms. One room has a king bed and a twin daybed; the other has just a queen. The woman who called said that she and her husband needed separate sleeping areas, so they will take the room with the two beds, but she wanted to know if I could move the king bed into the other room so that their friends could have the bigger bed. WHAT!!???
After I explained that the queen bed was a 4-poster and the king headboard was attached to the wall, she conceded that it might be a little difficult after all. OMG! Where do these people come up with this stuff???

After I explained that the queen bed was a 4-poster and the king headboard was attached to the wall, she conceded that it might be a little difficult after all. OMG! Where do these people come up with this stuff???.
Good lord..people sure have got some nerve these days. I would say, find yourself a hotel room. You will not do well here:-(

After I explained that the queen bed was a 4-poster and the king headboard was attached to the wall, she conceded that it might be a little difficult after all. OMG! Where do these people come up with this stuff???.
Duplicate :-(

How about you will move the beds, but you need her to help. It's a two person job.
;)
Crazy people.

Back