Is it a cake or a pie? It’s both, and it’s 1,800 calories a slice !!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
cra-zee!
makes me fill a little sick to think about it.
Is it a cake or a pie? It’s both, and it’s 1,800 calories a slice
" Pumpple cake’ is a hybrid of pumpkin pie, apple pie and cake ... One Philadelphia bakery dreamed up this ultimate fall dessert: pumpkin and apple pies baked in chocolate and vanilla cake, fused together and surrounded by buttercream icing.
This oversize creation weighs in at a whopping 15 pounds and measures more than a foot tall. And at 1,800 calories a slice, it's not for the faint of heart."
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39831216/ns/today-foodwine/

I first saw something like this on thisiswhyyourefat.com I totally want to make this.
teeth_smile.gif

Really? See, I don't think that looks appetizing at all..
I am with you...not something I would try or even eat. I think it is just a gimmick. The Turducken thing is the same. I have had it and didn't think it was anything great. Give me a standard Thanksgiving Turkey :)

I am with you...not something I would try or even eat. I think it is just a gimmick. The Turducken thing is the same. I have had it and didn't think it was anything great. Give me a standard Thanksgiving Turkey :)
My brother in law kept sending us Turduckens every Christmas till I had to ask him to stop. Only my husband would eat it and the 8 kids wouldn't touch it. They called it a "Turd - Yuck - hen." Hybrid food is not our thing. And yeah that pie-cake thing is overkill on the flavors.

My brother in law kept sending us Turduckens every Christmas till I had to ask him to stop. Only my husband would eat it and the 8 kids wouldn't touch it. They called it a "Turd - Yuck - hen." Hybrid food is not our thing. And yeah that pie-cake thing is overkill on the flavors.
Pollyanna said:
the 8 kids
God love ya!!

Pollyanna said:
the 8 kids
God love ya!!
8 - and not a one of em would eat it. They are all grown now, just hit empty nest and we still joke about that weirdo bird thingie every Christmas!

Pollyanna said:
the 8 kids
God love ya!!
8 - and not a one of em would eat it. They are all grown now, just hit empty nest and we still joke about that weirdo bird thingie every Christmas!
Pollyanna said:
We have a mini-farm on which we raise chickens. One year we got two "turkens" as our surprise birds from the hatchery. Oh boy what a surprise. Chicken body. Turkey neck and head. THE ugliest things we'd ever seen. We butchered them for food, but couldn't bring ourselves to eat the turkens. The coyotes got 'em

Gee, that Pumpple Cake doesn't even look appetizing to me. I guess that's a good thing!
I once made a chocolate cake of some sort (some sort of sour cream chocolate cake - an Emeril recipe) that had homemade toffee candy bits in and on it. It must have weighed near 20 pounds. It bent the Tupperware carrier I had it in, and I had to duct tape the lid to it and support it underneath. Heck, after toting that thing to where it was going, I was thinking I should have brought a wagon to wheel it in.
I'll never make that cake again, yet those who tried it never forgot it and keep asking me for it. It was very, very good and left quite an impression.

Gee, that Pumpple Cake doesn't even look appetizing to me. I guess that's a good thing!
I once made a chocolate cake of some sort (some sort of sour cream chocolate cake - an Emeril recipe) that had homemade toffee candy bits in and on it. It must have weighed near 20 pounds. It bent the Tupperware carrier I had it in, and I had to duct tape the lid to it and support it underneath. Heck, after toting that thing to where it was going, I was thinking I should have brought a wagon to wheel it in.
I'll never make that cake again, yet those who tried it never forgot it and keep asking me for it. It was very, very good and left quite an impression..
Sanctuary in Miami said:
I'll never make that cake again, yet those who tried it never forgot it and keep asking me for it. It was very, very good and left quite an impression.
Okay, now THAT sounds good to me. Is it THIS recipe?

Pollyanna said:
the 8 kids
God love ya!!
Pollyanna said:
We have a mini-farm on which we raise chickens. One year we got two "turkens" as our surprise birds from the hatchery. Oh boy what a surprise. Chicken body. Turkey neck and head. THE ugliest things we'd ever seen. We butchered them for food, but couldn't bring ourselves to eat the turkens. The coyotes got 'em
This thread just gets weirder and weirder.......
I would not have eaten them either!

I'll never make that cake again, yet those who tried it never forgot it and keep asking me for it. It was very, very good and left quite an impression..
Sanctuary in Miami said:
Okay now, Jill, hooking us up with that recipe is the best thing about this thread! I am saving that to make for my Christmas Open House! That looks ultra fabulous!

Pollyanna said:
the 8 kids
God love ya!!
Pollyanna said:
I would not have eaten them either!
Pollyanna said:
I know...it's one of this forum's greatest charms! :)

Pollyanna said:
the 8 kids
God love ya!!
Pollyanna said:
No that is not what I am talking about. It is not a half breed. Here is a photo and information on it. It tasted ok..but it was just not all they make it out to be.

Pollyanna said:
the 8 kids
God love ya!!
Pollyanna said:
No that is not what I am talking about. It is not a half breed. Here is a photo and information on it. It tasted ok..but it was just not all they make it out to be.
catlady said:
Oh, I knew what you were talking about. It just triggered a memory for me of our turkens. :)

Sanctuary in Miami said:
Red Handed Jill said:
Sanctuary in Miami said:
Yep - that's it! The recipe is huge - the batter completely filled my Kitchenaid mixer bowl to the rim. I knew then that this was a force to be reckoned with! :)

Had a terduken last winter, after holidays....wasn't crazy about it....but, the turkey was fabulous.
prefer duck, turkey and goose seperate....think I'll do a goose again for Christmas.
That pumpple cake.......I bet it tastes great.....eat each half seperately.......now if you can get a layer of peatnut butter in the chocolate like the picture.........that would rock

Back