Is it endless hard work? Feel like a constant burden to keep up with?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is your sleep interrupted nightly or several nights a week? Can you give them a code to get in so you don't have to get up after hours? Grrr, I don't want to be up at 3 am every night letting people in. Husband is a bear on too little sleep too.
We never stay up for late guests. They get a printed page directing them to their room with a “looking forward to meeting you in the morning”. We’ve been woken in the night a few times. But never for three am check ins.

It's a Lifestyle. You live to make others happy and comfortable. Great way to spread Love and Hope. My wife and I own a 13 room Inn in Geneseo,NY. The biggest issue is HELP - we currently use several people during our busy season on a P/T on call basis. We are looking for a Live-In Innkeeper now after 7 years to help us.

As to the question of 2-top and 4-top vs. large table.
I always thought of just doing small tables but the previous owner said people enjoyed the large table.
I did add four other tables so now I have two 4-top and two-2-top and one 10 seating large dinning table. This give guests the option to sit where they prefer. Funny thing is before Covid the large table would be the first to fill up. People said that is the reason they come to B&Bs.
Now with Covid I do two placements at each end of the big table and still they fill up first. I also have added second breakfast so that guests are not down at the same time. I would do both types of tables if you have the room and see what fills up first.
You may be surprised.

Back