Is It Sunday?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Ugh! It's really not Sunday yet? I thought it was Sunday. It's Saturday? I've lost count of the days?
This is one of my pet peeves! I lose count and I'm not sure what day is what. And today was one of these days.

I have that with Bank Holiday weekends - makes me crazy, the only advantage to being glued to my blackberry is it does say the day so I have to keep reminding myself

Very hard here, too. Because it's a holiday on Monday everyone is coming in today and leaving on Monday.

This morning I had no clue what day of the week it was...I had to check on the computer!

We don't have Saturdays and Sundays, it's one continual rotation of beds, check-ins, ironing, breakfasts, check-outs and back to beds again.

We don't have Saturdays and Sundays, it's one continual rotation of beds, check-ins, ironing, breakfasts, check-outs and back to beds again..
Well, Monday the museums are closed and many of the restaurants. Tuesday the Indian restaurants. Friday and Saturday are difficult for restaurant reservations, etc. I should be able to keep up with the days of the week, but I could have sworn that yesterday was a Sunday.

Very hard here, too. Because it's a holiday on Monday everyone is coming in today and leaving on Monday..
Same here. We usually check in on Thursday and out on Sunday with a 3-night min. So having everyone arrive on Friday has totally screwed up my head! The really GOOD news is that when this crew leaves tomorrow we start winding down but only renting the cottage for a week, with no one in the house. Next week on Monday we close up shop for a month and head out to Europe. OMG do I need a rest!!!! Can't wait.

Very hard here, too. Because it's a holiday on Monday everyone is coming in today and leaving on Monday..
Same here. We usually check in on Thursday and out on Sunday with a 3-night min. So having everyone arrive on Friday has totally screwed up my head! The really GOOD news is that when this crew leaves tomorrow we start winding down but only renting the cottage for a week, with no one in the house. Next week on Monday we close up shop for a month and head out to Europe. OMG do I need a rest!!!! Can't wait.
That sounds wonderful!

We don't have Saturdays and Sundays, it's one continual rotation of beds, check-ins, ironing, breakfasts, check-outs and back to beds again..
We have to keep track as certain things happen on certain days ie rubbish collection is on Tuesday and we have to wheel the trash can on wheels round to the front or they won't pick any up - that's every other Tuesday and the other Tuesday is recycling so that's to keep straight
Tuesday and Thursday are laundry day so have to get all rooms stripped off early and bagged up ready for collection at about 1pm
Sunday is short hours at the wholesalers and supermarket if we need anything from them
Sunday is parking restriction free - but all the other days require permits if all the cars don't fit in the car park

Silverspoon said:
Next week on Monday we close up shop for a month and head out to Europe. OMG do I need a rest!!!! Can't wait.
Europe! Dreaming it was me! Have a wonderful, glorious trip.

Don't ruin it, we want to see Europe still intact in 68 days, when we go!

That sounds wonderful!
Thanks for your good thoughts....still can't believe we are leaving for a month! Should I be nervous?

That sounds wonderful!
Thanks for your good thoughts....still can't believe we are leaving for a month! Should I be nervous?
Silverspoon said:
NO! You should be doing the 'happy dance' and try not to think about biz at all!

That sounds wonderful!
Silverspoon said:
NO! You should be doing the 'happy dance' and try not to think about biz at all!
Took your advice. The answering machine basically says we have no vacancy for the 2013 season. I'm not even going to remotely check my voice messages while we are gone. So there. Ahhhhh that feels better!
teeth_smile.gif

After 24 years of inn keeping we are taking a big BREAK! Yippeee!

That sounds wonderful!
Silverspoon said:
Took your advice. The answering machine basically says we have no vacancy for the 2013 season. I'm not even going to remotely check my voice messages while we are gone. So there. Ahhhhh that feels better!
teeth_smile.gif

SO WONDERFUL :) ENJOY!!!!!!!

That sounds wonderful!
Silverspoon said:
teeth_smile.gif

Silverspoon said:
teeth_smile.gif

FANTASTIC!!!
One of the reasons why I try to get out of the country on our big vacations is that mentally it's one of the only ways I can separate from what's happening back home.
Word of warning....you'll want to do this every year. And you should!!

That sounds wonderful!
Silverspoon said:
teeth_smile.gif

YEA!!!!! Enjoy.

For us every day is a Monday. Having a B&B you work every day . There is never a weekend!

Back