Is it worth it?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until I stopped being an innkeeper in Nov.. And until I actually left my town in June, I had truly forgotten the luxury of time to myself. I now have it and can enjoy time at the coffee house and linger over a lunch. For my birthday last week I took a day off (from my other job) and had my hair cut, nails done, out for dinner - without worrying about have to " get back to the B&B".
Dont get me wrong, I look back and dont know how I could possibly have changed my hectic days... Nights ... Weekends... It's only when you get your life back that you realize how "not your own" our life really was..
It is DH who makes my life not my own. Husbands demand attention and mine is one who demands it when he surfaces from whatever he is involved in and I can do whatever until that time.

OK, on advice from all I decided to try again today. Went out and had my haircut at a place that also does a very nice head and shoulders massage while rinsing hair. Walked around town. Got my pretzel that the pretzel lady always saves for me at the farmers mkt. Did a little window shopping.
Several rooms checked in while I was gone. Last of the laundry in the dryer now.
Much better. Thank you!

OK, on advice from all I decided to try again today. Went out and had my haircut at a place that also does a very nice head and shoulders massage while rinsing hair. Walked around town. Got my pretzel that the pretzel lady always saves for me at the farmers mkt. Did a little window shopping.
Several rooms checked in while I was gone. Last of the laundry in the dryer now.
Much better. Thank you!.
see told ya!

Until I stopped being an innkeeper in Nov.. And until I actually left my town in June, I had truly forgotten the luxury of time to myself. I now have it and can enjoy time at the coffee house and linger over a lunch. For my birthday last week I took a day off (from my other job) and had my hair cut, nails done, out for dinner - without worrying about have to " get back to the B&B".
Dont get me wrong, I look back and dont know how I could possibly have changed my hectic days... Nights ... Weekends... It's only when you get your life back that you realize how "not your own" our life really was..
Agreed, Agoodman! You totally don't realize how your life is sucked up & into the daily repetition of innkeeping duties until you leave it. Now, I can't imagine how I did it virtually on my own for two years!
I still don't dedicate much time to doing things "just for myself", but I'm working on it. I know that I don't feel anxious when I go to the dentist or go to get my haircut anymore....

Much better. Thank you!.
Madeleine said:
Much better. Thank you!
Good for YOU!!!
cheers.gif

Back