Is TA stopping bad reviews on Hotels that are paying for TA advertising - I think so

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elfin4

Reaction score
Hello from Australia. I hope that I can join in and get some good ideas here from time to time as I run a B&B.
I have just come back from one month in France where I stayed in at least 10 different accommodation places. For the most part they were excellant but there were a few that were left wanting in a number of areas.
I wrote several reviews on Trip Advisor but the only ones that have been published have been for accommodation that does not advertise on TA or if they advertise on TA then it has only been the good reviews that were published...... interesting?
One Gite ( holiday cottage accommodation ) was so far removed in quality from its "blurb" as to be classed as misleading advertising and I really thought that I should address that because I do not like to be conned into thinking that I am getting something that is excellant when it is absolutely not and I am paying a high price for it too.
Please let me know if anyone has come across this in the last 6 months or so.
ejf

Hmm that is something to Tell John Penrose isn't it? (he is the uk tourism minister and things the sun shines out of Trip Advisers Bottom)

Hi Quill and Quilt
Your 3 star probably was not as harsh as my reviews which gave much less than that and I pulled no punches. This has happened 3 times and it just makes me wonder with TA. It could be coincidence but although I have a 100% rating I wonder when the axe is going to fall on me and no I do not pay for my listing with TA.
There are many reviews that people have done for me and they have not been published as well. So what gives with TA? I specifically have done reviews this time to see what happens. These are not only reviews of places to stay but of tours and of towns.
I just wish the wretched TA would not have so much power.

Without seeing what YOU wrote it is hard to answer this question. I hope you have contacted TA and asked them where your reviews are from your guests? I hope you have contacted TA to ask where the reviews are that YOU wrote? and if so, what did they say?

I seem to have the opposite problem...I have had several guests in the past 3 months email me the review they wrote because it never showed up on TA (and I'm paying the listing fee). ALL of the reviews were 5 stars. NONE of them were posted. I thanked the guests and asked if they would check in their spam folder for anything from TA requesting that they 'verify' they wrote the review. All of them said they got nothing.
OK, I just went and looked and it seems like a new review has finally shown up. But that was for a wedding group. Still none of the old ones from previous months.

I seem to have the opposite problem...I have had several guests in the past 3 months email me the review they wrote because it never showed up on TA (and I'm paying the listing fee). ALL of the reviews were 5 stars. NONE of them were posted. I thanked the guests and asked if they would check in their spam folder for anything from TA requesting that they 'verify' they wrote the review. All of them said they got nothing.
OK, I just went and looked and it seems like a new review has finally shown up. But that was for a wedding group. Still none of the old ones from previous months..
I reviewed an innmate in Georgia and it never showed up. For whatever reason it was flagged and never showed, I contacted them and could never work it out. I think about 6 mo's later it finally showed. I found that any time I reviewed with that email account I had issues. No it is not my owner/mgr email address. So I thought it had something to do with that. I might never know.

Do I remember a policy where you can only write one review on a place? (not stopping to check)
Why not try to write another review... same info. See if it stops you or sends you a message or asking you to confirm. See if it posts. Just wonder if some of these things just fall through the cracks somewhere.

Do I remember a policy where you can only write one review on a place? (not stopping to check)
Why not try to write another review... same info. See if it stops you or sends you a message or asking you to confirm. See if it posts. Just wonder if some of these things just fall through the cracks somewhere..
You can certainly write multiple reviews for the same property. The system will give you a warning that you are writing a second review, but once you click, you can post a review. Hotels and attractions, a new "repeater" review every three months. Restaurants, a new "repeater" review every month.

Why not try to write another review... same info. See if it stops you or sends you a message or asking you to confirm. See if it posts. Just wonder if some of these things just fall through the cracks somewhere..
I thought it was one/year for lodging.

OK, I just went and looked and it seems like a new review has finally shown up. But that was for a wedding group. Still none of the old ones from previous months..
I reviewed an innmate in Georgia and it never showed up. For whatever reason it was flagged and never showed, I contacted them and could never work it out. I think about 6 mo's later it finally showed. I found that any time I reviewed with that email account I had issues. No it is not my owner/mgr email address. So I thought it had something to do with that. I might never know.
I posted reviews on places where I had stayed multiple times. They were all there for awhile. Only the most recent reviews now remain - the others were pulled. This is interesting, because I've seen multiple reviews from the same reviewer on other B&Bs listings on TA. It's a mystery....

We now have a reviewer who has vowed to post the same bad review every month. She first phoned us last February, and is now apparently fixated on us. She never stayed here, has never seen the place, never been to Our Town and has never met us. Bit 'round the bend, she is - but TA dutifully posts her odd natterings against us anyway.

We now have a reviewer who has vowed to post the same bad review every month. She first phoned us last February, and is now apparently fixated on us. She never stayed here, has never seen the place, never been to Our Town and has never met us. Bit 'round the bend, she is - but TA dutifully posts her odd natterings against us anyway.
Basil Fawlty said:
Is there anything you can do? That is just not right. It's not that guests can't see thru the looniness but getting a bad review drives down your score. Some people won't even look at a place with 3 stars.
I get that TA allows a guest to post when they've never stayed because they didn't like how they were treated when they called, but they should not be able to post about the SAME 'non-stay' over and over again.

Basil Fawlty said:
First of all, she can't post more than one review every six months for the same property. But have you send a message to T/A about it? Have you called them on the telephone about it? She should be blocked from posting on your property. But they are all fake reviews if she has never been to your property. Is T/A at least removing them after complaints?

That's awful!

Back