Is the heat affecting your reservations?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it has. Tonight was our Independence Concert. When I got home, DH told me we had a call from a man in the next town who has been without power for 3 days. I called him back. They have 2 kids under 3 and his wife is 8 months pregnant. He asked how much was it going to be. He also told me they have been told it will be 2 weeks before they get power.
I have a welder's helper in the room next to the bathroom (the shared bath) so told them each of them will have to sleep in a room with a kid as they are too little to be in a room alone and I want them all to use the bathroom for the private bath guestroom. It has the tub which will be good for kids. I told them they can stay 2 nights - mission of mercy. Being 8 months pregnant in this heat is pure hell!! I do not see them having extra money to go to a B&B or even the 6 or the Super down the road - and they would probably not be able to find anything anyway.
Update: Last night some boys (or young men) were playing with a large ball in the VFD parking lot when my "mission of mercy" arrived. This morning when they came down, the Police had called his employer who had called him (the flatbed has the employer's name on the door) - SOMEONE had gotten into the tool box on the truck bed and scattered tools all over AND taken the time to string a string through each tab on empty beer cans and then, as my guest put it, took 20 minutes to tie the beer cans to the undercarriage of the truck. I am disgusted!!! These kids had enough troubles! They went home for the day and will be back tonight.

Back