Is the Recipe section still here?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
Can’t find recipes. Am I just not seeing it or is the recipe section gone?
Thanks

Ten years ago when I was considering serving breakfast, the Innspiring recipe section was a great resource. And it was so much fun to go through, pick out ones that sounded good, and cook them up, letting my family vote on their favorites. Here was our winner...

STUFFED GRAND MARNIER FRENCH TOAST

12 slices firm-textured white bread
1/4 lb. butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
4 tbsp. Grand Marnier or orange juice, divided
1 1/2 tsp. orange zest (rind), grated
1/2 c. pecans, chopped (optional)
8 eggs or equivalent amount of egg substitute
2 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
Strawberry or maple syrup
Powdered sugar (optional)
Reddi Wip
Sliced or slivered almonds for garnish

Butter 1 side of each bread slice; lay 6 slices flat, buttered side down, in lightly buttered 13 x 9 x 3 inch pan.

In small bowl mix cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, vanilla, orange zest and pecans, if desired.
Spread evenly over bread in pan.

Place remaining bread slices over top, buttered side up.

In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, granulated sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier until well blended.
Pour over bread slices in pan.

Refrigerate overnight.

An hour before you are ready to serve, bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.

Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and a dollop of Reddi Wip. Garnish with a few sliced or slivered almonds. Serve with hot syrup.

Serve with sausage, bacon, or ham. Serves 4 (1-1/2 pieces per person).

Ten years ago when I was considering serving breakfast, the Innspiring recipe section was a great resource. And it was so much fun to go through, pick out ones that sounded good, and cook them up, letting my family vote on their favorites. Here was our winner...

STUFFED GRAND MARNIER FRENCH TOAST

12 slices firm-textured white bread
1/4 lb. butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
4 tbsp. Grand Marnier or orange juice, divided
1 1/2 tsp. orange zest (rind), grated
1/2 c. pecans, chopped (optional)
8 eggs or equivalent amount of egg substitute
2 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
Strawberry or maple syrup
Powdered sugar (optional)
Reddi Wip
Sliced or slivered almonds for garnish

Butter 1 side of each bread slice; lay 6 slices flat, buttered side down, in lightly buttered 13 x 9 x 3 inch pan.

In small bowl mix cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, vanilla, orange zest and pecans, if desired.
Spread evenly over bread in pan.

Place remaining bread slices over top, buttered side up.

In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, granulated sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier until well blended.
Pour over bread slices in pan.

Refrigerate overnight.

An hour before you are ready to serve, bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.

Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and a dollop of Reddi Wip. Garnish with a few sliced or slivered almonds. Serve with hot syrup.

Serve with sausage, bacon, or ham. Serves 4 (1-1/2 pieces per person).

I had a recipe for Cranberry Grand Marnier Muffins. Got a shock when I went to buy some at the price! Whew. We were going to the Chicago area so I thought I would get the cheaper since there were so many people who might be buying it. Nope, same price. I asked the man at the liquor store if thre was anything cheaper. He asked, "What are you going to do with it?" I said bake muffins. He told me Triple Sec would do the same thing. So I made Cranberry Triple Sec Muffins. They ARE good!

Darn. I used to come back to the forum for my own Estonian Egg White Cake, but finally put it in an actual recipe folder last year. Sorry the section is gone.

I had a recipe for Cranberry Grand Marnier Muffins. Got a shock when I went to buy some at the price! Whew. We were going to the Chicago area so I thought I would get the cheaper since there were so many people who might be buying it. Nope, same price. I asked the man at the liquor store if thre was anything cheaper. He asked, "What are you going to do with it?" I said bake muffins. He told me Triple Sec would do the same thing. So I made Cranberry Triple Sec Muffins. They ARE good!
those sound amazing

I’ve been wondering where the recipe section was also since I joined here. I’ve seen so many references to recipes I’d love to try! Could the old recipe file be retrieved or is it beyond salvage?

I’ve been wondering where the recipe section was also since I joined here. I’ve seen so many references to recipes I’d love to try! Could the old recipe file be retrieved or is it beyond salvage?
I’ve asked the folks who host the forum if the recipe section is retrievable, or how we can restart it.

Hi all, I'm looking into seeing if the recipe section can come back.

They do not show me as gift supporting, but I did in the very beginning because I want this Forum to continue.

I see your Supporting Membership. We don't show GIFT in the title.

Apparently it is gone. Why don't you start a nice thread about recipes and put in the new ones.

Check out INN the Kitchen area. I'm finding several there when I do a Recipe search.

Last edited:
Hi Angie! Can we get a separate header to keep the recipes together instead of putting them under ‘inn the kitchen’? One that is ‘recipes’?

:( How sad that it's 'gone'.

Shame on me and lesson learned .... not to rely on an online forum to keep things on file. Like I would think ... oh, I know, that recipe is on Innspiring .... I'll just go there.

Some can be retrieved using the internet archive
web.archive.org

the wayback machine
our recipes are there!

I don't know if you use this site, if not
one you get to the site, type this in the search bar:
http://www.innspiring.com/recipe

Here is one I posted here years back, retrieved from the wayback machine
I copied it as it was posted here so the format might look a little weird

Congo Bars

Summary
Yield
Servings
SourceNot sure of origin, it's a hand copied recipe - maybe Confidential Chat from the Boston Globe?
Prep time10 minutes
Recipe TypesSnacks and Treats
Description
yummy yummy blonde brownies with chocolate bits. we used to have these a lot when i was a little girl. i used to make them quite often for my kids. just resurrected the recipe and got rave reviews and an empty plate
Ingredients
2csifted, all-purpose flour
2tbaking powder
1⁄2tsalt
1cmargarine (i use really inexpensive store margarine)
2 1⁄4cdark brown sugar, packed
3 eggs
2csemisweet chocolate morsels
1tvanilla
1cchopped walnuts optional
Instructions
Prehat oven to 350
Combine softened margarine and brown sugar. Beat in eggs.
Sift together the dry ingredients and add (gently) to shortening, sugar and eggs. Blend well. Stir in vanilla.
Fold in chocolate morsels (and nuts if you wish)
Pour into 10x15 greased pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes - do not overbake.
Let cool for a while in the pan before cutting into squares.

Notes
If you don't have enough brown sugar, you can substitue granulated sugar and about 1 Tablespoon of molasses per cup.
I don't know how well these keep or store because there are never any left over past a day!!

Thanks to everyone for trying to resurrect the recipe section and for these tips & tricks for starting a new one!

I am pretty sure the recipes are still here. If every one goes to your User Control Panel (click on your name in the upper right corner). Then go to Your Content. That will show you your posts and threads. If you find one, you could make a comment to bring it to the top and we can amend the title to say "recipe" in the front of it.

I believe they are probably in the General Forum.

I was able to access a handful of old recipes in that archive, but no where near all of them.

Arks, as one that doesn't cook, I confess I don't know how many were originally listed, but try this link

http://www.innspiring.com/recipe/byname
I notice the first link I shared showed maybe a dozen recent direct links, but by going to the sub-heading "by name" I counted over 100 listed. It would seem there would be a fast way to copy the information for someone smarter than me, but suppose we could open on that site, one recipe at a time and copy and paste to a thread on our current forum. I'm game to spend some time playing with that process if it helps the group, but perhaps if we coordinated our efforts it would be completed more quickly.

Back