Is there a non toxic, non stick frying pan ... preferably GREEN?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i destroyed my brother in law's green frying pan. it was supposed to be non stick ceramic but it lost its non stick about two weeks into use even though we babied it.
but
i went and left it on the stove ... out into the yard to pick pairs and forget all about it. crazy woman. it burned so bad it is a total loss. don't even ASK about the smoke in the house! i'm just lucky that the only damage was to the pan ... and my lungs.
sad_smile.gif

anyway, i promised to replace it but i'm reading bad reviews about the green pans despite their cost so ... before i buy one for him, any advice?
thanks.

Do not beat up on yourself!! I have "roasted" just about every pan in the house - including ALL of my copper pots (no not copper bottoms - I am talking about $1200 worth of copper pans with stainless liners that my chef son ordered for me in 1996) and pans. They are still good but do not "gleam" any longer. I wish I could give advice.

thanks for the link, ark. i don't know if the non stick will last long, but i am willing to try again.
madeline, we have cast iron pans, but he bought a supposedly ceramic one that i wrecked so i want to replace with 'like'
gillum, i also left the oven on (twice)
embaressed_smile.gif

Do not beat up on yourself!! I have "roasted" just about every pan in the house - including ALL of my copper pots (no not copper bottoms - I am talking about $1200 worth of copper pans with stainless liners that my chef son ordered for me in 1996) and pans. They are still good but do not "gleam" any longer. I wish I could give advice..
400 grit wet sandpaper has restored many a stainless pan to pre-burn beauty. It's almost magic. I use that combined with Bon Ami or Barkeepers Friend. I have some favorite stainless pans I bought in the eighties that I just love. They have taken some abuse over the years, but perform well. Old trusted friends.

Do not beat up on yourself!! I have "roasted" just about every pan in the house - including ALL of my copper pots (no not copper bottoms - I am talking about $1200 worth of copper pans with stainless liners that my chef son ordered for me in 1996) and pans. They are still good but do not "gleam" any longer. I wish I could give advice..
400 grit wet sandpaper has restored many a stainless pan to pre-burn beauty. It's almost magic. I use that combined with Bon Ami or Barkeepers Friend. I have some favorite stainless pans I bought in the eighties that I just love. They have taken some abuse over the years, but perform well. Old trusted friends.
It was not the stainless that lost it, the copper now has a bluish cast to it. As for the stainless, I have a pot that dates back to 1963 (my hope chest) that has gone through hell with me. Frying pans also. I just boil some water with dish washing liquid (just a touch and watch it carefully because it boils over NOW!) and that makes it a lot easier to restore the stainless to usable condition.

Back