Is there a place for me?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
A training seminar along the lines of how to love what you are about to do .... and how to keep your sense of humor while doing it.
I'm not looking to fill a finance / book-keeping void - it's out there, it's generally done well and I can always bring in that kind of "talent'.
I have A LOT of ideas and I see no point in elaborating until I get some feed-back from you guys that know the industry and know me.
Nervous about posting this but I want and need feedback whether good, bad or indifferent.

I would go for it but what I would say is plan plan plan! how long does this topic take? when to break for lunch how to devide it up what topics will you cover Q&A sessions? practical cooking? there are a million topics which are you going to cover and so on? cos if people are paying they are going to want their money's worth.

We've talked about this for years. It's a great idea. Get in touch with some local B&B realtors (the ones who are not hosting classes already) and see about getting on their mailing list going out to prospective buyers.

I would go for it but what I would say is plan plan plan! how long does this topic take? when to break for lunch how to devide it up what topics will you cover Q&A sessions? practical cooking? there are a million topics which are you going to cover and so on? cos if people are paying they are going to want their money's worth..
All great points - all agreed. But as stated, I see no point in getting into details here until I've heard opinons as to the concept - good, bad and ugly.
edited to add - sorry - your comments were all aspects that would have to be taken into account - and your thoughts are very much appreciated. I guess I'm asking whether this is an aspect of the business that could / should be approached and whether (knowing as little as you do about me) you think I could / should pursue the idea. Personally - having a lack of confidence and sense of fun is what has kept me going.

Plus the number of people who I come in to contact with that have no clue about B&B. Its not about cleaning toilets and making beds (it is part of it) but it is about cutomer service, marketing and the complete adjustment of your whole life round your business.

Plus the number of people who I come in to contact with that have no clue about B&B. Its not about cleaning toilets and making beds (it is part of it) but it is about cutomer service, marketing and the complete adjustment of your whole life round your business..
Exactly

I would go for it but what I would say is plan plan plan! how long does this topic take? when to break for lunch how to devide it up what topics will you cover Q&A sessions? practical cooking? there are a million topics which are you going to cover and so on? cos if people are paying they are going to want their money's worth..
All great points - all agreed. But as stated, I see no point in getting into details here until I've heard opinons as to the concept - good, bad and ugly.
edited to add - sorry - your comments were all aspects that would have to be taken into account - and your thoughts are very much appreciated. I guess I'm asking whether this is an aspect of the business that could / should be approached and whether (knowing as little as you do about me) you think I could / should pursue the idea. Personally - having a lack of confidence and sense of fun is what has kept me going.
Three words - GO FOR IT!!!

K you should know cause you have been a godsend to me when i first started and you are a great innkeeper that doers aspiring seminars-i think you would be the BEST source of info about the idea.
I say go for it UK-what you got to loose.

Back