Is there such a thing as a guest who is too nice?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Not sure what it is but there is a certain type of guest who is nice who just gets under my skin. I guess because a nasty guest you just ignore, but a nice guest you feel guilty about wanting to ignore them. Please, just go do your own thing...

Absolutely, just had one here, as a matter of fact. Always under foot, trying to help.

In this day and age can we really complain about someone being too nice? So many people are so rude that I'll take the overly nice ones any day, as long as they don't try to clear their own dishes or come into my kitchen.

Agree, hate to complain about them because they are so much better than the nasty ones, but the ones who try to get overly familiar or walk into the kitchen I just want to throttle.

In this day and age can we really complain about someone being too nice? So many people are so rude that I'll take the overly nice ones any day, as long as they don't try to clear their own dishes or come into my kitchen..
Country Girl said:
......... as long as they don't try to clear their own dishes or come into my kitchen.
Ha ha, exactly what happened here with my nice people...and she hugged on me constantly.

In this day and age can we really complain about someone being too nice? So many people are so rude that I'll take the overly nice ones any day, as long as they don't try to clear their own dishes or come into my kitchen..
Country Girl said:
......... as long as they don't try to clear their own dishes or come into my kitchen.
Ha ha, exactly what happened here with my nice people...and she hugged on me constantly.
Little Blue said:
..and she hugged on me constantly.
You must be one of those irresistible innkeepers.
poke.gif

I have a regular who has trouble sleeping so comes down at night and cleans the oven and I am not objecting to that at all. However she is a bit nervous of men and doesn't like shouting so my DH was shouting at the TV becuase his football team was loosing and I had to go and reasure her he wasn't shouting at me just the TV.

I have a regular who has trouble sleeping so comes down at night and cleans the oven and I am not objecting to that at all. However she is a bit nervous of men and doesn't like shouting so my DH was shouting at the TV becuase his football team was loosing and I had to go and reasure her he wasn't shouting at me just the TV..
I have a regular who has trouble sleeping so comes down at night and cleans the oven
Send her to me...............PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more Mister Nice Guy!
I cannot believe this, absolutely cannot. Of all the guests at the table only ONE ate half of a big juicy slice of canteloupe I had on the plates. I mean to tell you this was the best locally grown brilliant orange melon in the entire history of our B&B! We hand picked it at the farmer's market, grown 2 miles from here and it was simply the best! Juice would run down your down on your first bite!
GRRRRRRRRR!
DOUBLE GRRRRRRRR!

Let me just say that I'm not complaining about guests who are really nice because they are too nice. But they can wear you out much quicker than guests who want to be left alone. They demand alot of time and attention, ask tons of questions (sometimes personal questions) and put stress on our already rare and fragile private time together.
These kinds of people take our motto "Making Friends One Stay at a Time", to a whole new level by trying to become our best friends in just the two or three days they are here. Love the type, but always breathe a little sigh of relief when they leave the house for the day.
Yesterday, their constant questions put me WAY behind for checkin...not good for a Friday in July.
embaressed_smile.gif

Yup - some are too nice.
After all, it is a business, and we charge people for specific services, things become a little fuzzy when the insist on changing their bed, vacumming the room etc. Im always stuck with "just let me do my job" thinking don't you have a latte waiting for you at Starbucks.?
Bo

No more Mister Nice Guy!
I cannot believe this, absolutely cannot. Of all the guests at the table only ONE ate half of a big juicy slice of canteloupe I had on the plates. I mean to tell you this was the best locally grown brilliant orange melon in the entire history of our B&B! We hand picked it at the farmer's market, grown 2 miles from here and it was simply the best! Juice would run down your down on your first bite!
GRRRRRRRRR!
DOUBLE GRRRRRRRR!.
We didn't serve ou usual fruit course today, so we had a huge bowl of fresh fruit out for 'take-away'. I saw 2 bananas and 1 orange get taken away. There'll be a nice peach & plum cobbler coming up this week...

You know, tho, the opposite is true too...how many have stayed someplace where the hosts were too nice?

I agree LB. I always say I can go on vacation and be 100% active 100% of the time, and yet sit and visit at someone's house and is absolutely wears you out, drains you of all energy!

I agree LB. I always say I can go on vacation and be 100% active 100% of the time, and yet sit and visit at someone's house and is absolutely wears you out, drains you of all energy!.
Joey Bloggs said:
I agree LB. I always say I can go on vacation and be 100% active 100% of the time, and yet sit and visit at someone's house and is absolutely wears you out, drains you of all energy!
Which is why family is more draining than any guest. They don't go 'away' and do stuff on their own. Or, even if they do, they want to sit up all night and talk to you. I love seeing my family when they come to visit, but I hate being their tour guide.

I agree LB. I always say I can go on vacation and be 100% active 100% of the time, and yet sit and visit at someone's house and is absolutely wears you out, drains you of all energy!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Which is why family is more draining than any guest. They don't go 'away' and do stuff on their own. Or, even if they do, they want to sit up all night and talk to you. I love seeing my family when they come to visit, but I hate being their tour guide.
Morticia said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Amen!

Back