Is this new?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing this on TA a month or so ago when I wrote reviews for my vacation:
I certify that this review is my genuine opinion of this hotel, and that I have no personal or business affiliation with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review.

Don't know how new this is but have seen it before its a disclaimer against false reviews cos if you say you are non of the above and they find out you are then you can be done for that. Might put off a few idiots but i doubt they understand that's what it means.

They have moved that forward. It was in the rules, but they never really did anything about it. They are hoping that if it front and forward it will stop someone from posting a fake review. Doesn't do a thing. Heck, I don't think that TA is regularly reading the reviews anymore. Besides the one that they posted for me (and took 21 days to remove) I saw them actually post one that was blatantly racist and one in French that was actually the owner themselves (and it said so!)

They have moved that forward. It was in the rules, but they never really did anything about it. They are hoping that if it front and forward it will stop someone from posting a fake review. Doesn't do a thing. Heck, I don't think that TA is regularly reading the reviews anymore. Besides the one that they posted for me (and took 21 days to remove) I saw them actually post one that was blatantly racist and one in French that was actually the owner themselves (and it said so!).
You don't really think someone at TA ACTUALLY READS all the thousands of reviews that are posted do you? This is there attempt to quell problems by saying it is right up front and clear. Heck we already know no one reads that stuff or anything else of importance .
cry_smile.gif

I would not think in a million years there is a little gnome who reads them all but you would think they would have some sort of program that flags up certain words and then someone checks that particular review.

That has been there from the start (not sure where you read it, maybe they moved it to a better spot!) You all might recall the discussion a couple years ago about that final line (as we have discussed some innkeepers possibly giving guests something to review their inn). and one innkeeper going ballistic calling us sharks and leaving for that insinuation.

Back