is this not the weirdest thing?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Some idiot woman rang my door bell this morning till I answered it at 4.30AM! I didn't realise what the time was till I went back to bed. When I asked what she wanted she said I am one of your new neighbours and can I borrow a wine bottle cork screw I said sorry no and shut the door and went back to bed. It was all a bit sureel and I thought maybe I had dreamed it for a bit. Do others find that because you have a sign this invites odd behaviour? earlier in the week a chap rang the bell to ask if he could use the phone to phone his dad becuase there was a man in the phone box. He thought I should simply because we are a business. I told him he would have to wait for the box to be free.

WHAAAATTT???? She has to be nuts. I hope you informed her that it was not an appropriate time to be ringing your door bell..and not to do it again. Gheez the nerve of some people!!! A new neighber huh??? She better learn straight off this is not a 24 /7 business..it is your home as well :-(

i am guessing that people think you have 'front desk' people on 24 hours. finding the door locked at that hour, you'd think that one would not have rung.
as for the request to use the phone ... yup ... phone, restroom, drink of water, directions ... all kinds of visits and requests because 'this is a business, right?' i hated having to post little signs about no public phone and no public restroom but ... in a tourist town, people would try to walk in.

pita.gif

ps ... i hope this doesn't mean the new neighbors party all night long. wanting to open a bottle of wine at 4:30 AM ... ridiculous.

Let's hope the woman is not really your new neighbor. As bizarre as her behavior was for your first meeting, I'd hate to think she's going to be around for a while.

Sounds like she had more than a few nips of something that didn't require a cork screw before she rang your bell! Good grief....
We had a call at almost midnight the other night, "I know your website says that you're closed, but do you have a room for tonight?"
What the heck????

Sounds like she had more than a few nips of something that didn't require a cork screw before she rang your bell! Good grief....
We had a call at almost midnight the other night, "I know your website says that you're closed, but do you have a room for tonight?"
What the heck????.
We have a holiday inn accross the road which routeenly overbooks and they ring when the last one comes in and doesn't have a bed which can be all hours of the night but in compensation you can charge what you like cos you have them over a barrel

Back