Is your Credit Card Processor PCI compliant?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
You know, we, the little guys, get put through this PCI ringer every year and I just had a talk with someone who is new to taking credit cards. She is filling out the PCI compliance forms and she asked her processor if they are compliant. Everyone on the phone says they are but no one can show her proof. This has been going on for 3 months and her processor is charging her a fine every month because she hasn't filled out the form. The same form they won't give her the answers for!
So, have you ever asked your processor for proof their system is compliant with what Visa & MC are demanding from us business people?

I am not asking mine for anything, they are not asking me for anything and we are all happy. Again I use common sense when it comes to cc processing, and I have enough to worry about so I am leaving this to them and moving on

I've done a self assesment PCI compliance form (not for P&P, another company) and it was so vague and convuloted that it lost crediability with me.

Yes, it is all truly a JOKE. Just another way they've come up with to ding the little guy with a new fee. Let's face it, all of our information is subjected to hacking any time we put it on the internet.

Yes, it is all truly a JOKE. Just another way they've come up with to ding the little guy with a new fee. Let's face it, all of our information is subjected to hacking any time we put it on the internet..
Don Draper said:
...... Let's face it, all of our information is subjected to hacking any time we put it on the internet.
it's subject to hacking anytime anyone uses their card, in a restaurant, at the store, over the phone ..... so we do what we can do ... if huge companies that spend millions every year have their cc info "compromised" by some 13 year old in East bumblef^&( then common sense is what we should rely on

I've had 2 letter in the past couple of years saying they were going to call to do a PCI test and they would use the code # shown on the letter so I knew it was legit...they've never called and I'm not going to rock the boat.

I was just charged $25 by a company I have not used in 2 ywears. They were going to di9p into my account for $295 cancel fee - I was no longer in contract) but I never have enough in the account to cancel and take my chances. I have to tell the bank exactly how much they are going to charge me to keep them out. Well, I guess I have been lazy. They WILL be cancelled this month.

Back