Is Your Hotel/B&B Blog Putting People to Sleep?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Is Your Hotel B&B Blog Putting People to Sleep?
Read on here.
JB - Great article with some valid points to ponder.

Great points for anyone writing a blog with some adaptation. THanks for sharing.

Yep, I started with copying down a couple of sentences to keep handy for looking at occasionally. Ended up saving the whole thing! All good stuff.

That is a great article. I have become so lazy and really often don't know what more to talk about. My world is very small here. Nothing ever changes. Or so it seems

That is a great article. I have become so lazy and really often don't know what more to talk about. My world is very small here. Nothing ever changes. Or so it seems.
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
That is a great article. I have become so lazy and really often don't know what more to talk about. My world is very small here. Nothing ever changes. Or so it seems
Have you tried writing about popular nearby attractions? Perhaps also about yearly events or local festivals.

Mine most likely are because I blog about stuff happening in my small City - which is probably very boring to most people. Every now and again, i fid something that does bring people to my site - as in a blog about a living history program about a WV nurse PO W in WWII. That one gets hits at least - years later.

That is a great article. I have become so lazy and really often don't know what more to talk about. My world is very small here. Nothing ever changes. Or so it seems.
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Have you tried writing about popular nearby attractions? Perhaps also about yearly events or local festivals.
Hotel Propeller said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
and Like I say, get photos NOW for next time. You want to promote these events, attractions BEFORE it happens.
I got some great photos yesterday (plenty of fiddles, banjos, hippies and more, even a guy wearing a skirt and top hat).
I asked guests from last weekend (first time B&B goers if they took any photos on their hike, I would be pleased to share them, and they did:)
Featured Sight of Interest - The Cascades "69 foot Cascade Falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Virginia and possibly on the entire East Coast." http://blog.claibornehouse.net/2013/05/featured-sight-of-interest-cascades.html

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Yes Brian, I have indeed done that. I often feel like the local chamber of commerce. Well, not so much now but in the beginning I would have links to businesses and events in my blog posts and I have a lot of hits. I wish though that people would actually interact more. I answer every comment as soon as I am made aware of it, etc. I like conversing with my peeps, it's just that they seem to be afraid to post things.
Anyway, I am very busy here and have not posted as frequently as they say one should in order to keep the momentum going and keeping things from going stale.
It's hard to keep up with all that one should in order to stay relevant, isn't it?

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Hotel Propeller said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
and Like I say, get photos NOW for next time. You want to promote these events, attractions BEFORE it happens.
I got some great photos yesterday (plenty of fiddles, banjos, hippies and more, even a guy wearing a skirt and top hat).
I asked guests from last weekend (first time B&B goers if they took any photos on their hike, I would be pleased to share them, and they did:)
Featured Sight of Interest - The Cascades "69 foot Cascade Falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Virginia and possibly on the entire East Coast." http://blog.claibornehouse.net/2013/05/featured-sight-of-interest-cascades.html
Yup, my blog is pretty much picture driven. People don't have time to read

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Yes Brian, I have indeed done that. I often feel like the local chamber of commerce. Well, not so much now but in the beginning I would have links to businesses and events in my blog posts and I have a lot of hits. I wish though that people would actually interact more. I answer every comment as soon as I am made aware of it, etc. I like conversing with my peeps, it's just that they seem to be afraid to post things.
Anyway, I am very busy here and have not posted as frequently as they say one should in order to keep the momentum going and keeping things from going stale.
It's hard to keep up with all that one should in order to stay relevant, isn't it?
Yep - I get lots of hits. The whole area goes to my site to find out where and when things are happening in the area - either to my blog or to my Happenings page. Unfortunately, they do not book, just look.
I do not do comments because it I do, I only get smarmy scam crap that I am not going to allow on my site.

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Hotel Propeller said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
thumbs_up.gif

Back