Is your place nice? Is the room comfortable?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you missed my person favourite - what do you do in the afternoons?.
Ya just last week I had
"Now that breakfast is over, what do you do for the rest of the day"?
I watch soap operas cause I am pretty much done for the day, dah
Mini said:
Ya just last week I had
I used to be bothered by this now I do say that I'm going to put my feet up, go out for lunch, visit friends, etc until check in time.

One just called: Are your beds old? (How old is old?) 10 years she says. (No, ours are only 8 years old
wink_smile.gif
)
Are your beds soft? (We have a firm mattress with a memory foam topper..that can be removed it the topper is too soft for you
angry_smile.gif
) Yes, but will I feel my husband move in the bed. (Oiy!) (How the heck should I know lady!!)
And then there was the one last week who was staying in the cottage but roaming around the house, actually in another suite of the main house, at 9 pm. "Where is the ice machine...we need more ice....why don't you have an ice machine????" The same broad just called, having left a couple of items behind. "Did you find my shampoo and flat iron ?" (Yes, I have your flat iron but we do not save left over personal products.) "Well...that was my favorite shampoo" I mean really, what do you say to that?.
How much is she going to spend to get this back?
She only lives a half hour away so she will take a drive to come get it. She did seem a bit put out when I asked her when she would get here. No way I intend to see her again...I'll leave the flat iron in the paper-delivery box so she can just swing by to retrieve it. PITA

Ya just last week I had
Mini said:
Ya just last week I had
I used to be bothered by this now I do say that I'm going to put my feet up, go out for lunch, visit friends, etc until check in time.
Not me... I say....Are you kidding? And then I give them a list of things that need to be done. I also tell them that I am flattered that they were unaware of all the work needed to make their stay here feel so carefree. You know....like a duck.. Serenely gliding along but paddling like hell underneath!
That usually grits them to be a bit more considerate.

Ya just last week I had
Mini said:
Ya just last week I had
Madeleine said:
Mini said:
Ya just last week I had
We are doing some major work around and there is no way to put everything behind closed doors when we have guests (this is our slow season).
Our guests this week said: we really thought we would like to do 'this' in our golden years but seeing all the work going on here and knowing it is a never ending task makes us think better of it.
These were avid B&B goers. They never see the work behind the scenes, the piles of laundry, etc.. and trying to get to the grocery as well.
It's all a twitch of the nose.

Ya just last week I had
Mini said:
Ya just last week I had
Madeleine said:
Mini said:
Ya just last week I had
We are doing some major work around and there is no way to put everything behind closed doors when we have guests (this is our slow season).
Our guests this week said: we really thought we would like to do 'this' in our golden years but seeing all the work going on here and knowing it is a never ending task makes us think better of it.
These were avid B&B goers. They never see the work behind the scenes, the piles of laundry, etc.. and trying to get to the grocery as well.
It's all a twitch of the nose.
Mine got to see it Sunday. The wrasslers were still here when I left to pick up the returning bikers. So they sat on the porch - I thought they would anyway - while I flipped all 3 rooms. I think each one of them found a reason to come in the house. Sheets, towels, shower curtain liners, dresser scarves, bags of trash - all laying on the floor in the hall. And one of them still told me of all the B & Bs they had visited, I was in the top 5%.

Ya just last week I had
Mini said:
Ya just last week I had
Not me... I say....Are you kidding? And then I give them a list of things that need to be done. I also tell them that I am flattered that they were unaware of all the work needed to make their stay here feel so carefree. You know....like a duck.. Serenely gliding along but paddling like hell underneath!
my neighbour just sold - gave new owner a list of everything they do each day she nearly had a stroke.

Ya just last week I had
Mini said:
Ya just last week I had
my neighbour just sold - gave new owner a list of everything they do each day she nearly had a stroke.
Joey Camb said:
I would have loved to have been there to see her face!
wink_smile.gif

I'm a senior, AARP member, AAA member and retired military, so I get a 40% discount, right? (Meaning 4 combined 10% discounts...)
ummm.... NO!.
Oh yes, the multiple discounts! I used to tell them they only get one, pick which one they want. That led to asking which one was better.
Now we just say no discounts we're very competitively priced.
Had one last year who wanted 50% off because that's what the Hilton was going to give her. I told her to take the Hilton's offer because I knew she was going to pay more to stay there with the discount than here without.
Madeleine said:
Oh yes, the multiple discounts! I used to tell them they only get one, pick which one they want. That led to asking which one was better.
Now we just say no discounts we're very competitively priced.
Had one last year who wanted 50% off because that's what the Hilton was going to give her. I told her to take the Hilton's offer because I knew she was going to pay more to stay there with the discount than here without.
lightbulb.gif

"Yes, but will I feel my husband move in the bed. (Oiy!) (How the heck should I know lady!!)"
Makes my SA side want to say "How would I know unless I was sleeping with your husband?"

One just called: Are your beds old? (How old is old?) 10 years she says. (No, ours are only 8 years old
wink_smile.gif
)
Are your beds soft? (We have a firm mattress with a memory foam topper..that can be removed it the topper is too soft for you
angry_smile.gif
) Yes, but will I feel my husband move in the bed. (Oiy!) (How the heck should I know lady!!)
And then there was the one last week who was staying in the cottage but roaming around the house, actually in another suite of the main house, at 9 pm. "Where is the ice machine...we need more ice....why don't you have an ice machine????" The same broad just called, having left a couple of items behind. "Did you find my shampoo and flat iron ?" (Yes, I have your flat iron but we do not save left over personal products.) "Well...that was my favorite shampoo" I mean really, what do you say to that?.
Silverspoon said:
... Yes, but will I feel my husband move in the bed...
Depends, ma'am... before, after or during sex?

Ya just last week I had
Mini said:
Ya just last week I had
Joey Camb said:
I would have loved to have been there to see her face!
wink_smile.gif

apparently it was priceless! old owner is opening a country house hotel - we are totally booked to go for full on afternoon tea!

also "you have a special dietary requirement do you?"
Just bought 4 new T-shirts will try and put on the link they are hilarious!

also "you have a special dietary requirement do you?"
Just bought 4 new T-shirts will try and put on the link they are hilarious!

Back