It ain't over until the fat lady sings...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
Yours truly was on the 10 o'clock news trying to shatter a wine glass with a high b-flat.... Didn't happen, but they did plug the B&B!
cheers.gif

Must have been the wine glass we lost tonight, I knew I heard something
teeth_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
Yours truly was on the 10 o'clock news trying to shatter a wine glass with a high b-flat.... Didn't happen, but they did plug the B&B!
cheers.gif
Get the footage...put it on YouTube !!

Congrats! You must have an awesome voice. No one in his right mind would ask me to sing anything! Great that the B & B was mentioned.

From a science point of view, have you had success shattering a glass before? Physics is just so cool sometimes ;)

Willowpondgj said:
cheers.gif
Too cool!
Riki

Thanks everyone! No, I have never had any luck. I do think the type of glass makes a difference. We had crystal, but I think it needs to be a very thin glass. They said the person must match the pitch of the glass, which we did, but that doesn't mean that the pitch was in our loudest voice placement. The guy on youtube/mythbusters did it...but there is speculation about whether it was for real... I think the guy probably had glasses made or ordered glasses to match his loudest tone, he'd have better luck that way. I wonder if temperature of the glass would increase your odds too. My voice is in the 110 to 115 decibal level, we have a decibal reader...so I'm loud enough...but I think our glass was not right. We tried with amplification too, no luck.

Thanks everyone! No, I have never had any luck. I do think the type of glass makes a difference. We had crystal, but I think it needs to be a very thin glass. They said the person must match the pitch of the glass, which we did, but that doesn't mean that the pitch was in our loudest voice placement. The guy on youtube/mythbusters did it...but there is speculation about whether it was for real... I think the guy probably had glasses made or ordered glasses to match his loudest tone, he'd have better luck that way. I wonder if temperature of the glass would increase your odds too. My voice is in the 110 to 115 decibal level, we have a decibal reader...so I'm loud enough...but I think our glass was not right. We tried with amplification too, no luck..
Chill the glass?

Great! They even showed your sign! We had a well known singer whose forte is opera stay with us and I put a note in his shower "No singing in the shower unless you are a famous tenor!"

Back