It happened

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
The lady who called all worried about our check in protocol. She said "How can I tell you what time we will check in?"
We have a span, so I said she can guesstimate. She said "But if we don't get there at that exact time, what happens?"...
She could NOT GET HER HEAD around this check in thing.
Well, she is not here. At her "appointed time" :) I think it is pretty funny!

Well? What's going to happen to her??? Inquiring minds want to know!

Yes, let's come up with the best punishment for not arriving at the exact time you said you would. Obviously she thinks she will have to sleep in the car tonight and try again tomorrow to get into the house.
I know: ask HER what she thinks should happen if she isn't there at the exact time.

That's why when they tell us after hours, we give them a set of instructions just in case they need to get in on their own. It calms them and me.

Update:
She raced down this morning in a frenzy. They had to leave, right now! I am in the middle of breakfast prep. She said "We have to get home immediately" they were supposed to be here two nights.
As they dashed out to the car, Asst Innkeeper got to go cups for coffee. They paid and they left. I told them I was sorry they had to leave and to be safe on the road, 9 1/2 hrs to MI. They didn't have breakfast, and are now gone.

Update:
She raced down this morning in a frenzy. They had to leave, right now! I am in the middle of breakfast prep. She said "We have to get home immediately" they were supposed to be here two nights.
As they dashed out to the car, Asst Innkeeper got to go cups for coffee. They paid and they left. I told them I was sorry they had to leave and to be safe on the road, 9 1/2 hrs to MI. They didn't have breakfast, and are now gone..
Immediately!!! right...oh well..they pay...they go away.

Update:
As they dashed out to the car, Asst Innkeeper got to go cups for coffee. They paid and they left. I told them I was sorry they had to leave and to be safe on the road, 9 1/2 hrs to MI. They didn't have breakfast, and are now gone..
What a clown show.

UGH! I waited 3 hours and 15 minutes for guests yesterday who requested an 'early' check-in. I wanted to strangle them when they finally arrived!

She kinda reminds me of the "Can you go to the car and get my makeup" gal. Who was a whirlwind of chaos and nervous tension everywhere she went.
DH was like, "Where are the guests?" I said gone. He is like "WHAT?!" and I said, "Don't worry about it."
haha
Meanwhile we had awshum guests here for a birthday getaway, loved loved loved everything...came in to say thank you and how much they appreciated it. Asst innkeeper delivered breakfast and had a bday candle in her meal, and she started crying...from joy.
Guests innjoyed a very special getaway to "The Love Shack." Happy Birthday Renetta! pic.twitter.com/ZaPH1BPm56

She kinda reminds me of the "Can you go to the car and get my makeup" gal. Who was a whirlwind of chaos and nervous tension everywhere she went.
DH was like, "Where are the guests?" I said gone. He is like "WHAT?!" and I said, "Don't worry about it."
haha
Meanwhile we had awshum guests here for a birthday getaway, loved loved loved everything...came in to say thank you and how much they appreciated it. Asst innkeeper delivered breakfast and had a bday candle in her meal, and she started crying...from joy.
Guests innjoyed a very special getaway to "The Love Shack." Happy Birthday Renetta! pic.twitter.com/ZaPH1BPm56.
ah..that is a sweet one :) Why is the bad ones try so hard to overshadow our good ones??

Update:
What a clown show.
Madeleine said:
What a clown show.
Well said!

I look forward to this FLA couple now:
Notes wife allergic to tomatoes, raspberries, mustard, and feathers
Sorry I just think this is really funny. It is SO RANDOM!

Sorry I just think this is really funny. It is SO RANDOM!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Reminds me of a business we used to have here. The sign in front of their store read, "Tropical Fish and Ladies Lingerie".
EDIT: I just remembered. The sign actually said, "Tropical Fish and Fantasy Lingerie"!

Joey Bloggs said:
Likely OAS (Oral Allergy Syndrome) at least for the first two. Relates to hay fever gone wrong. Raspberry is alder pollen and tomatoes are grass pollen.
Mustard can be an anaphylactic allergy. You should check if it is and if they carry an epipen for it, just in case.
Feather is pretty common. Usually depends on the kind of feather. And it's an allergy that I have.

Joey Bloggs said:
I just had this from a reservation "Food allergies: beef, cabbage, pecans,
Mustard and msg"
First time I've encountered someone with a mustard allergy, and now there are two of them. Thank goodness I don't use much mustard for breakfast, especially if this is actually going to be the next allergy epidemic!

Back