It HAS to get better

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Monday - return from Council meeting about 9PM.
Guest on porch - key will not open my door
Try key - someone (try 14 yo brat) threw the security button
OK - crawl out window onto porch roof and as I go to lift screen to lift unlocked escape hatch window, I see one latch unlatched, the other LOCKED position
Normal situation, when no A/C in side window it is locked. Not norm, warm day she had the window open! sheer drop
go to VFD - how much to bring extension ladder and go thru window to open door - n/c (we will see if that holds)
VFD drives truck 1 block to house - 2 min later ladder boy comes out door
3 min later I have kid upstiars getting educated - DO NOT TOUCH WINDOW LOCKS OR DOOR LOCK
Tuesday - I have training session (Main Street class ON TRAC can attend (WV precursor to Main Street)) all day until 4:30 integrating Face book & Tw itter
In process of making my B & B page a Biz page (it was halfway there but not totally) - migrate to my personal page SCREW UP!!!
DH expects me home by 5 to go to a meeting w/dinner first
Drove city car so do not have phone charger - cannot call to update
After checking in at break - phone battery dies - stay after class to fix Face book page - leave @ 5
Arrive home to 1 p/o'ed DH
Return home 10PM - first chance at e-mail all day (over 100 waiting), coffee needing to be roasted, I am doa (dead on ass) tired, and guess who wants PUDDING!!!
Wednesday - open Face book wrong back to SCREWED UP.
Go to City Hall to sign document at 8 AM before going to 2nd day of training by 8:30
Today is last Wed Lenten Service & I am prez of sponsoring org. (left class at morning break)
Home from Lenten Service and b3fore I can do anything - DH wants photos he took last night downloaded from camera
It HAS to get better. Pray for sunshine Saturday - I was volunteered to have a table at the Arts & Crafts Fair to sell City logo mugs for ON TRAC fundraiser and G H fresh roasted coffees (well they go together was what I was told) so now I am roasting coffees also!
If you guys are not rolling on the floor from this Keystone Cops true story I do not know why. If I were not the central character, I would be. And other than an AW SH** it has been kept clean!

AWWW I hope it does get better-you are definantely in my thoughts-just think of "June-I'm otta here" that should keep you sane...

DH was chatting with her this morning about how the house was coming along. She said they told her another 4 weeks. It has been a lifesaver financially - but I am geting to the end of my tolerance level of someone in the house almost 24/7. I told her about a week ago that I do have someone coming in for those rooms May 15.
This is the first time EVER that my kid sister is coming to visit. She is coming on a girlfriends trip with this as the destination. I am going to take them up where we grew up. Pat probably has not been back there in over 40 years. No crowdiing (although Pat would) into 1 room.

Babe you think your busy? Im currently running the web site for our campage against making changes to our one way system which are insane! meeting tonight. I am also on day 7 of a full house every day (we have 12 rooms) today is the day all but one of the rooms goes out and we have a full house comming in and one room is disabled so will need room service breakfast. Also doing our VAT return, DH is sick (and as a man is dying) also full of cold myself, my printer has just blown up (3rd one in 8 months great) My chamber maid's feet have all swollen up but sent her back to the doctors yesterday and they have given her some more pills and they have gone down a bit, Had a national tourism event on Monday so has taken me 3 days to get straight after having a day off and I could do with a nap!

Babe you think your busy? Im currently running the web site for our campage against making changes to our one way system which are insane! meeting tonight. I am also on day 7 of a full house every day (we have 12 rooms) today is the day all but one of the rooms goes out and we have a full house comming in and one room is disabled so will need room service breakfast. Also doing our VAT return, DH is sick (and as a man is dying) also full of cold myself, my printer has just blown up (3rd one in 8 months great) My chamber maid's feet have all swollen up but sent her back to the doctors yesterday and they have given her some more pills and they have gone down a bit, Had a national tourism event on Monday so has taken me 3 days to get straight after having a day off and I could do with a nap!.
Babe you think your busy?
BUSY? No, I do not claim that. It was just a Keystone Kops kind of week. They were a slapstick group of silent movie characters who could not do anything right if they tried. Fall down, turn around and the ladder broke something, the cop car would do silly things - I am giving abad description but it was a lot of stumbling & fumbling.
I could not keep up 12 rooms etc and I know it. And on top of all that YOU are the one helping me get the votes for Shinnston! MUCH appreciated. (Psst - Folks, Cam sent me a packet of wonderful tourist info to help plan my trip. And just about everything show prices which helps tremendously!)

Babe you think your busy? Im currently running the web site for our campage against making changes to our one way system which are insane! meeting tonight. I am also on day 7 of a full house every day (we have 12 rooms) today is the day all but one of the rooms goes out and we have a full house comming in and one room is disabled so will need room service breakfast. Also doing our VAT return, DH is sick (and as a man is dying) also full of cold myself, my printer has just blown up (3rd one in 8 months great) My chamber maid's feet have all swollen up but sent her back to the doctors yesterday and they have given her some more pills and they have gone down a bit, Had a national tourism event on Monday so has taken me 3 days to get straight after having a day off and I could do with a nap!.
BUSY? No, I do not claim that. It was just a Keystone Kops kind of week. They were a slapstick group of silent movie characters who could not do anything right if they tried. Fall down, turn around and the ladder broke something, the cop car would do silly things - I am giving abad description but it was a lot of stumbling & fumbling.
I could not keep up 12 rooms etc and I know it. And on top of all that YOU are the one helping me get the votes for Shinnston! MUCH appreciated. (Psst - Folks, Cam sent me a packet of wonderful tourist info to help plan my trip. And just about everything show prices which helps tremendously!)
You do know Im pulling your leg? Not that I am objecting to the money but Im pooped we have a few rooms tonight but have put up the no vacancy sign. enough is enough.

You do know Im pulling your leg? Not that I am objecting to the money but Im pooped we have a few rooms tonight but have put up the no vacancy sign. enough is enough.
That's OK. I really am not as busy as usual. DH does not understand how tiring it is to sit through a day of blah, blah, blah and looking sideways trying to se what is displayed on a screen in a computer lab with not enough computers as one person is trying to teach how to set up FB to people who have no FB page or knowledge or what the heck it is AND people who have a page and have been using it but do not know how to navigate it AND people who use it all the time but are trying to learn how to use it better. There were at least 2 people in that room who probably knew more about it than she does - that is what their jobs are for their city! Then yesterday while I was at the Lenten Service the Health Dept came to tell DH I need to fill out an application for a Permit (30.75 until July 1 and then it will be 38.50) and they will be here to inspect us twice a year. Not what I need right now, I could have handled it easier during the winter when I had NOTHING happening.
(giggle) I just made the 14 yo that is driving us nuts come back downstairs to carry up a basket of towels!! I am narsty!!

Back