It is NOT ok ...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stayed at a place once in eastern Ohio and I had booked the cheapest room (for financial reasons) - when I checked in I found I was the only one there (midweek) and the Innkeeper kindly offered that I could stay in any room I wanted. I took the whole tour and ended up staying in the room I picked. It was very cute, had a view of the golf course, sunny (so I knew the sun wouldn't be shining in in the morning!) It was nice to be offered a choice tho - still don't know why it was cheaper - it was a very nice room..
suellen222 said:
I stayed at a place once in eastern Ohio and I had booked the cheapest room (for financial reasons) - when I checked in I found I was the only one there (midweek) and the Innkeeper kindly offered that I could stay in any room I wanted. I took the whole tour and ended up staying in the room I picked. It was very cute, had a view of the golf course, sunny (so I knew the sun wouldn't be shining in in the morning!) It was nice to be offered a choice tho - still don't know why it was cheaper - it was a very nice room.
I have to ask this question. If given the different parameters, and choices we all pick style of decor, location on the house, sunset or sunrise etc. If we know in advance, nice she gave you a choice!
I WOULD HANDS DOWN PICK THE ROOM WITH THE SUN COMING IN FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! I laugh when I hear this, am I the only one? I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE A ROOM with eastern windows for morning sun! ANY THING!!!!
I stayed on a battlefield once and that was my desire to have the sunrise on the battlefield, close the blinds or curtains? NO WAY IN THE WORLD!
Again, just me. I don't have that at home, I would give anything for that. Our rooms with the sunrise always have the blinds closed, and the sunset as well, i feel that guests close the blinds no matter what.
Joey Bloggs said:
I WOULD HANDS DOWN PICK THE ROOM WITH THE SUN COMING IN FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!
Me, too...and I'd be up to greet the sun with a cup of coffee in hand! Love, love, love my eastern facing windows!
thumbs_up.gif

Ok ladies I am going to play
devil_smile.gif
's advocate - this is two different scenarios you are presenting. I am all about enjoying the sun streaming in my windows with my morning beverage in hand, but I don't want it shining in my window to wake me up b4 I am ready to have said morning beverage! Capice?
You don't get it, there is only one scenerio. When the sun shine wakes you up, that is when you are ready to get up and drink coffee or something else. I love getting up at 5.00 am in the summer!

I stayed at a place once in eastern Ohio and I had booked the cheapest room (for financial reasons) - when I checked in I found I was the only one there (midweek) and the Innkeeper kindly offered that I could stay in any room I wanted. I took the whole tour and ended up staying in the room I picked. It was very cute, had a view of the golf course, sunny (so I knew the sun wouldn't be shining in in the morning!) It was nice to be offered a choice tho - still don't know why it was cheaper - it was a very nice room..
suellen222 said:
I stayed at a place once in eastern Ohio and I had booked the cheapest room (for financial reasons) - when I checked in I found I was the only one there (midweek) and the Innkeeper kindly offered that I could stay in any room I wanted. I took the whole tour and ended up staying in the room I picked. It was very cute, had a view of the golf course, sunny (so I knew the sun wouldn't be shining in in the morning!) It was nice to be offered a choice tho - still don't know why it was cheaper - it was a very nice room.
I have to ask this question. If given the different parameters, and choices we all pick style of decor, location on the house, sunset or sunrise etc. If we know in advance, nice she gave you a choice!
I WOULD HANDS DOWN PICK THE ROOM WITH THE SUN COMING IN FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! I laugh when I hear this, am I the only one? I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE A ROOM with eastern windows for morning sun! ANY THING!!!!
I stayed on a battlefield once and that was my desire to have the sunrise on the battlefield, close the blinds or curtains? NO WAY IN THE WORLD!
Again, just me. I don't have that at home, I would give anything for that. Our rooms with the sunrise always have the blinds closed, and the sunset as well, i feel that guests close the blinds no matter what.
Joey Bloggs said:
I WOULD HANDS DOWN PICK THE ROOM WITH THE SUN COMING IN FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!
Me, too...and I'd be up to greet the sun with a cup of coffee in hand! Love, love, love my eastern facing windows!
thumbs_up.gif

Ok ladies I am going to play
devil_smile.gif
's advocate - this is two different scenarios you are presenting. I am all about enjoying the sun streaming in my windows with my morning beverage in hand, but I don't want it shining in my window to wake me up b4 I am ready to have said morning beverage! Capice?
You don't get it, there is only one scenerio. When the sun shine wakes you up, that is when you are ready to get up and drink coffee or something else. I love getting up at 5.00 am in the summer!
I know - I think that is how God planned it - we are supposed to get up with the sun and then go down with the sun! It was a great plan and then man came along and screwed it up!
rolleyes.gif

I was just sharing why I myself pick a certain room.
Case in point, two rooms at the front of the house facing the fall leaves will check in today. I just stripped and cleaned one as the guest left a few moments ago and thought before I stepped in the room, wonder if this new guest from overseas would like an upgrade to the king bed w/fireplace.
...then I saw the leaves as I pulled back the lacy curtains and exhaled a gentle ahhhh! No way would the king bed be an upgrade today. If anything THIS room should be more this week due to the gorgeous view. You can see past the other trees in town to a couple small mountains and the colors. Wish I could sleep up there tonight.
PS Good news the bottle was corked, bad news it landed on my foot, now it is swollen and purple...back to it, c y'all!
Leaf_Closeup_Claiborne%20House%20Bed%20and%20Breakfast101910_blog.jpg

I mark anyone with a special requirement as a Do NOT MOVE as we have all sorts of requirements, ground floor twin, ground floor double, walk in shower, quiet room, room facing the front, room facing the back, (one was a room with a view we face the conference centre which is really quite ugly or on the back view of the car park ,so the choices were limited) and so on. rooms 3,4,7,8 are pretty much the same so can easily be moved between but 10 and 12 have large 4 poster and half tester beds and are usually booked for that feature. It is all a bit of a faff really..
I mark anyone with a special requirement as a Do NOT MOVE as we have all sorts of requirements, ground floor twin, ground floor double, walk in shower, quiet room, room facing the front, room facing the back, (one was a room with a view we face the conference centre which is really quite ugly or on the back view of the car park ,so the choices were limited) and so on. rooms 3,4,7,8 are pretty much the same so can easily be moved between but 10 and 12 have large 4 poster and half tester beds and are usually booked for that feature. It is all a bit of a faff really.
We expressly state that we reserve the right to move one night guests to an equal or better room to accommodate guests needing a longer stay. We then ask what is the reason they selected the room they did- price, number of beds, location in building? We rarely move guests, but when we do, they have been advised this may happen and we let them know before they arrive.

Back