It is their Honeymoon

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a call yesterday afternoon asking if I had availability tomorrow or Friday. I replied both. It is their honeymoon and they had a room for last night, but they had their tandem bike and saw I was basically ON the rail-trail. They ended up booking both nights. I told them any time after 4 for arrival.

This morning I checked weather and it looks like liquid sunshine so I texted them - as a wedding gift we are giving you early check-in and the room will be ready by Noon. They were here by 1, went to the ice cream place on the corner for lunch - they have burgers, etc. - and they just left to hit the trail. I think they appreciated the early check-in and I worded it so it is not a norm and is a gift.

GoodScout

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job! Two observations:
We usually throw in a free bottle of champagne for guests we learn are on their honeymoon and staying for more than a single night. It tends to give them a warm fuzzy about the place.
In the cycling community, tandem bicycles are referred to as "divorcycles"

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We usually throw in a free bottle of champagne for guests we learn are on their honeymoon and staying for more than a single night. It tends to give them a warm fuzzy about the place.
I cannot give them any wine, etc. without a license. All I would need is someone to post - thanks for the champagne - or what ever. What I DID do, in addition to the "care package" each morning - peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins yesterday and gingerbread today, was to give her a roast of Peru coffee to take home. IF I know in advance - this one was a day before arrival and I was overloaded with obligations - I bake a small cake and put it in the room with plates, silverware, napkins.....

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I still talk about the place that did that for me.

Latest posts