ITALIAN BAKED EGGS (Serves 8)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendydk

Reaction score
ITALIAN BAKED EGGS or BAKED OMELETTE

½ chopped onion
½ chopped green pepper
3 cloves minced garlic
1 chopped tomato
1 cup mushrooms
¼ cup butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
½ cup sour cream
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
12 large eggs 
  • Pre heat oven 350.
  • Grease 9”x13” baking pan.
  • In butter and oil, sauté onion, garlic, green pepper, mushrooms and tomato for 1 minute.
  • Add basil, oregano and thyme; remove from heat.
  • In large bowl, mix eggs. Add sour cream, cottage cheese and shredded cheeses.
  • Stir sautéed vegetables into egg mixture.
  • Pour egg mixture into 9”x13” prepared pan; bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until top is brown.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Cut into 8 Large Pieces and serve. In addition to this one, he has a few other varaiations, like Asparagus Spectacular, a multi-mushroom option and a southwest option that is served with salsa and sour cream on the side. Just email me if you want any of those.

This recipe sounds great Little Blue Inn. Thanks for taking the time to share it.
I do have one favor to ask if you have mroe recipes to share (and I hope you do). If you could post them as recipes (rather than just in the forum) the benefits will last longer as they will become part of the recipe collection (which is easier to search) as opposed to getting rapidly burried by other forum topics. Under "create content" in the left column just choose the option for "Recipe"
There are a a few benefits for posting a recipe as a Recipe on here:
  1. It becomes searchable by category and stays more visible (doesn't get burried in the forum)
  2. It offers a recipe converter for people to alter the intended number of servings
  3. When people print it, it doesn't print all of the comments or the header graphic. (makes it more likely to fit on one page)
  4. There is a specific field for getting credit where credit is due (attributed to your inn or some other source if it came from a cookbook or wherever.

Is this just a quiche without the crust?
Also, I've been to Italy twice and not once did I come across Monterrey Jack Cheese.
poke.gif

Hey, I'm not the cook...I'm the baker and candlestick maker! If it makes you feel more authentic, use mozzarella!

Hey, I'm not the cook...I'm the baker and candlestick maker! If it makes you feel more authentic, use mozzarella!.
Little Blue said:
Hey, I'm not the cook...I'm the baker and candlestick maker! If it makes you feel more authentic, use mozzarella!
Maybe a little Pecorino from Pienza
emotion-30.gif
......aaah Tuscany!

This looks delicious!!! Thanks for sharing. Have you ever put it together the night before and baked it in the morning with the same results?

This does look good! Have you ever done it in individual baking dishes? I only have two rooms and could cut it down I'm sure
Riki

Back