It's a Home Made Ice Cream Day...got a favorite ?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custard base for the ice cream with almond and vanilla flavoring- when it gets hard to crank, we dump in 1/2 pint of peach jam that I've canned and finish cranking it. There are a) never any leftovers, and b) never any chance to freeze it completely. We just eat it out of the bucket!

Will be doing a frozen yogurt for tomorrow's breakfast. I'll let you know how it goes.

The only thing my first m-i-l gave me that was worth keeping was a recipe for homemade ice cream. It was a custard bade and wonderful. I made it so much in one season we broke the handle off the hand-crank model we had.
Later after I married DH & the kids, I found a crank model at a yard sale and then an electric model. They were well-used.
I love any flavor you want to make. (we also made a lot of peach)
Edited to add: I lost the recipe. Could you send me yours, Penelope?

The only thing my first m-i-l gave me that was worth keeping was a recipe for homemade ice cream. It was a custard bade and wonderful. I made it so much in one season we broke the handle off the hand-crank model we had.
Later after I married DH & the kids, I found a crank model at a yard sale and then an electric model. They were well-used.
I love any flavor you want to make. (we also made a lot of peach)
Edited to add: I lost the recipe. Could you send me yours, Penelope?.
On it's way...

Tutti Fruitti with bananas, pineapple, maraschino cherries, and lots of chopped pecans!

black raspberry! yummmmmm.
We have a soft-serve in town that has black raspberry every day in addition to the choc and vanilla. They also have one flavor in sugar-free, fat-free, lactose-free each day - and it does taste god. I have had it sometimes with DH.

OMG I made the frozen blueberry yogurt and it was wonderful! Glad I bought one of those little ice cream makers!

black raspberry! yummmmmm.
I just recently did a website for the company that makes the Blackberry jams, jellies and syrups for Shenandoah National Park. That is "their thing" for the park. Speciality is Blackberry mile high ice cream pie.
See here..YUM!
Their blackberry festival is July 21 I think.

Back