Its A Sign

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skamokawa

Reaction score
Just installed new sign today. The brick planter has been done for years. Just never ordered and installed sign until this year. Doh!
Twin%2BGables%2BNew%2BSign.jpg

Nice... but I'm sure somehow someone will eventually say they didn't see it.

Nice... but I'm sure somehow someone will eventually say they didn't see it..
You're so right. We're off the highway, a bit, visible but you have to be looking. We can't have a highway sign where we are due to being on a 'scenic byway', and the Dept of Trans wastes no time in removing signs, so our little sign is right by the house. At least it will help, and the brickwork was designed for just such a marker. Just took forever to actually get it ordered and installed.
The local fire dept installed reflective number signs last year. That helped too.

Nice... but I'm sure somehow someone will eventually say they didn't see it..
You're so right. We're off the highway, a bit, visible but you have to be looking. We can't have a highway sign where we are due to being on a 'scenic byway', and the Dept of Trans wastes no time in removing signs, so our little sign is right by the house. At least it will help, and the brickwork was designed for just such a marker. Just took forever to actually get it ordered and installed.
The local fire dept installed reflective number signs last year. That helped too.
Think in the UK we are lucky as with 100 years of B&B we are part of the landscape - only illuminated signs are really an issue so we only have the one on the front of the building lit - but we are in an area of strong street lighting and directly under one of the lights so its not an issue.

That's amazing. Is that terra cotta in with the brick? Is it illuminated at night?

2 solar spot lights on stakes in the ground pointing up? I've seen some recent models and they do a good job.

Back