It's all in the wording

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Got this email subject
"Shop Vistaprint and get money back for a night out!"
and always being an innkeeper I thought about how nice that sounded...made me think for a moment.
I was saving another print card I got in the mail, thinking it was worded nice for an off season special...(in case anyone is interested in this) that read:
[h3]
Nice, nicer[/h3]
[h3]
or nicest?[/h3]
[h3]
Pick your savings.[/h3]

Like this:
February Special
Nice, nicer
or nicest?
Pick your savings.

One night save $25 off!
Two nights save $50!
Three nights save $100!

Like this:
February Special
Nice, nicer
or nicest?
Pick your savings.

One night save $25 off!
Two nights save $50!
Three nights save $100!
I like the idea. A different word for 'nice'. Maybe the overused 'hot'? Big? Best, bester, bestest? Bronze, Silver, Gold?

The issue I had for this one is... I don't want it applicable over Valentine's weekend, so to do that in our current online rez system effectively I had to break it up, use diff codes, etc. When I put in $50 off it does it PER NIGHT, you cannot set it PER RESERVATION. and % to me never carried the same weight as cold hard cash discounts!
So I went Feb 1 thru 12 only. So I could set it up on the intranets for the state and CVB near us.
So it is a FEB (half of the month) special!

Like this:
February Special
Nice, nicer
or nicest?
Pick your savings.

One night save $25 off!
Two nights save $50!
Three nights save $100!
I like the idea. A different word for 'nice'. Maybe the overused 'hot'? Big? Best, bester, bestest? Bronze, Silver, Gold?
I've seen Good, Better, Best at Hom e_Dep ot, on their painting rollers/brushes. But I like the silly-ness of Best, Bester and Bestest :D

Like this:
February Special
Nice, nicer
or nicest?
Pick your savings.

One night save $25 off!
Two nights save $50!
Three nights save $100!
I've seen Good, Better, Best at Hom e_Dep ot, on their painting rollers/brushes. But I like the silly-ness of Best, Bester and Bestest :D
Yes, that's what I was going for - memorable silliness!

The issue I had for this one is... I don't want it applicable over Valentine's weekend, so to do that in our current online rez system effectively I had to break it up, use diff codes, etc. When I put in $50 off it does it PER NIGHT, you cannot set it PER RESERVATION. and % to me never carried the same weight as cold hard cash discounts!
So I went Feb 1 thru 12 only. So I could set it up on the intranets for the state and CVB near us.
So it is a FEB (half of the month) special!.
Can you just say 'Not available from 2/12-14 or whatever? And turn it off in the rez system? Altho, I see the problem - if you book it for 3 nights starting on the 12th you're right in there on V-Day with a hefty discount.

Can you just say 'Not available from 2/12-14 or whatever? And turn it off in the rez system? Altho, I see the problem - if you book it for 3 nights starting on the 12th you're right in there on V-Day with a hefty discount.
Madeleine said:
No you can't turn it off. It doesn't give you dates to do that (one days of the week, so I could feasible turn off Fri and Sat, but I want them avail - except V-day). Unfortunately. I don't do this enough to burden our reservations IT dept, but maybe others do.
You can add dates for specials in another area, that does not work for me either. I am caught with the vday pretty much messing it up. I cannot leave it, I will have to deal with it all the time, prob the only bookings people want for Feb is v-day!

Madeleine said:
No you can't turn it off. It doesn't give you dates to do that (one days of the week, so I could feasible turn off Fri and Sat, but I want them avail - except V-day). Unfortunately. I don't do this enough to burden our reservations IT dept, but maybe others do.
You can add dates for specials in another area, that does not work for me either. I am caught with the vday pretty much messing it up. I cannot leave it, I will have to deal with it all the time, prob the only bookings people want for Feb is v-day!
We found the '2-night' min did not work the way we thought it would. I have to select the days of the week I want the min to be on. I thought if I selected 'Fri' and 'Sat' that those 2 nights would be required. No. Thurs + Fri satisfied the req and then I was left with Sat open. Ditto Sat + Sun leaving me with Fri open. Oh well.
Just had that happen for T-Day. A Wed+Thurs satisfied the Th-F-S 2 night min. As did a Sat+Sun. For me, as long as it is 2 nights, it works.

Madeleine said:
We found the '2-night' min did not work the way we thought it would. I have to select the days of the week I want the min to be on. I thought if I selected 'Fri' and 'Sat' that those 2 nights would be required. No. Thurs + Fri satisfied the req and then I was left with Sat open. Ditto Sat + Sun leaving me with Fri open. Oh well.
Just had that happen for T-Day. A Wed+Thurs satisfied the Th-F-S 2 night min. As did a Sat+Sun. For me, as long as it is 2 nights, it works.
Madeleine said:
With RK you can make it so they have to do a Fri & Sat, but I don't like this because the chance of having to do a full house turnover is much greater, and even though it would leave Sat more often without check-ins, it's a killer to do full house turnovers.

Madeleine said:
Madeleine said:
With RK you can make it so they have to do a Fri & Sat, but I don't like this because the chance of having to do a full house turnover is much greater, and even though it would leave Sat more often without check-ins, it's a killer to do full house turnovers.
Other places in town do 2 night mins every weekend. The thought of doing a whole house strip every Sunday is daunting. But, sometimes we do it Sat AND Sun so who am I kidding!

Madeleine said:
Madeleine said:
Other places in town do 2 night mins every weekend. The thought of doing a whole house strip every Sunday is daunting. But, sometimes we do it Sat AND Sun so who am I kidding!
I feel for you!

Back