Its Cougar Season

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wren

Reaction score
One of the places that I work has a repeat guest that sometimes raises eyebrows.
She is an attractive woman in the 45 to 55 age range and often frequents the Lodge with unusually young male companions. Personally, its none of my business and and frankly (you GO girl!) I don't care, but other guests have noticed and made some comments.
I know she is a good repeat customer. Should I just ignore it when other guests comment that its some lucky college guys' weekend to earn his cougar wings?

Yes, I would ignore it. They're probably just jealous. I have to laugh because how many times have you seen an older man with a much younger woman? Its about time that what's good for the goose is annoying the gander.

Absolutely ignore it - it is no one's business. I would change the subject, "Oh isn't that a pretty bird that just flew into the tree!" As long as no one is doing anything illegal I do not care who does what with whom behind their bedroom door. Remember i said not illegal - and under 21 (18 some places) is illegal. What I hear from your other guests who would be so rude as to comment (which is why you are polite enough to not hear the comment) is the Green Monster, the song every accordian player plays - Jealousy!

Yes, I would ignore it. They're probably just jealous. I have to laugh because how many times have you seen an older man with a much younger woman? Its about time that what's good for the goose is annoying the gander..
The Farmers Daughter said:
Its about time that what's good for the goose is annoying the gander.
lol! I love that!
thumbs_up.gif

In my town it is always Cougar Season. The masvot of our high school is The Cougar.

Our college is Panthers...around here they call cougars panthers...so same same
confused_smile.gif

Our college is Panthers...around here they call cougars panthers...so same same
confused_smile.gif
The arch enemy of WVU is the Pitt Panthers. As long as the WVU teams beat PITT the rest of the losses are forgivable. That meant more than beating Tech when they still played each other (not by much but a bit more.)

I find it distasteful that other guests have to comment out loud on that. It is no one's business. This busy-body stuff makes me nuts. Borders on voyeurism, don'tcha think.

Maybe you could just make a comment like "She is the nicest lady, and a very good customer".

I find it distasteful that other guests have to comment out loud on that. It is no one's business. This busy-body stuff makes me nuts. Borders on voyeurism, don'tcha think..
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
I find it distasteful that other guests have to comment out loud on that. It is no one's business. This busy-body stuff makes me nuts. Borders on voyeurism, don'tcha think.
Yes. 'Voyeur', in French roughtly translates to 'one who looks'. And you bet they do!! This lady is very attractive and supremely self confident. I'm sure she couldn't care less....she probably finds it 'tres amusant'!

I find it distasteful that other guests have to comment out loud on that. It is no one's business. This busy-body stuff makes me nuts. Borders on voyeurism, don'tcha think..
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Yes. 'Voyeur', in French roughtly translates to 'one who looks'. And you bet they do!! This lady is very attractive and supremely self confident. I'm sure she couldn't care less....she probably finds it 'tres amusant'!
Now that you say that, she might just do it solely for that purpose - the amusement of others. It is a public service. Me likey
teeth_smile.gif

Back