It's done!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTLLodge

Reaction score
Well take a look! http://www.lodgeatmarktwainlake.com I even have SEO this time! Thanks again. I owe you guys a drink!
cheers.gif

A huge improvement,...in fact, I would never have known they were the same place. I didn't see your names or photos on there...I would highlight that lovely porch! There really is no investment that will pay for itself faster than a great website and the requisite SEO....
BTW...your link does not work.

As the saying goes...the "build it and they will come is rubbish" you gotta tell em about it!
I will tweet your new digs right now. :)

No picture of me till I get a makeover too! ha ha ha Hay I have lost 15lb since the season started.
It's like Christmas morning and Santa brought you everything you asked for.
Hey having a B&B is just like having another kid!!! I'm just thrilled!!!

CW what an improvement, do you feel like a proud Mama? WELL DONE!
cheers.gif

It's lovely! Congratulations. You will be surprised how your rankings will increase on google and you will be getting more reservations. Are you using a stats program?
Can I suggest that when you click on the "Policies" page that they add a marker (star or graphic of a house) to your location on that big map at the top? I see the google map by the directions, but it would be nice to see your location on that top map.
What a huge improvement. Congrats again! Your investment will certainly pay off.

Very nice. Love the colors and the big pix. It looks very clean and easy to read.

A huge improvement,...in fact, I would never have known they were the same place. I didn't see your names or photos on there...I would highlight that lovely porch! There really is no investment that will pay for itself faster than a great website and the requisite SEO....
BTW...your link does not work..
Little Blue said:
. . .BTW...your link does not work.
Edit the link in the posting by putting a "dot" (i.e. ".") after the "www".

Very nice - in fact better than nice - it is beautiful! Great photos. Love the opening shot of the lake.

Very nice Acorn always does a nice job. Best wishes with the new look. I have to say this...I think you are not charging enough for your rooms, your time, your work and hospitality. In my mind, these days no B & B should have a room under $100. Sorry if someone disagrees.

Wow! What a difference! I agree...I would have your designer put a star or house or something on the big map to show where you are.

Super website!!! Isn't it amazing how much you can learn from this forum. I'm really grateful for all the vicarious experience that is shared here.

Beautiful Website! The website that this Inn has needs alot of work, but the owner paid WAY TOO MUCH for what is there, but thats another story.
Very easy to navigate,lovely pictures...Congrats.
About the rooms being less than $100-you charge what your market allows not what other B & B's may or may not be charging.

Beautiful Website! The website that this Inn has needs alot of work, but the owner paid WAY TOO MUCH for what is there, but thats another story.
Very easy to navigate,lovely pictures...Congrats.
About the rooms being less than $100-you charge what your market allows not what other B & B's may or may not be charging..
birdwatcher said:
Please tell me how much I did pay?
About the rooms being less than $100-you charge what your market allows not what other B & B's may or may not be charging.
I know my market.
wink_smile.gif

looks great!
my one suggestion or question is ... will acorn assist you with putting a picture and description of each room on your webervations form? i did that myself and other innkeepers here have done it ... so i know you can do it yourself.
i'd do it so when folks go to book they see each room right on the booking page ... no going back and forth. please don't consider this a criticism ... just a suggested tweak.

looks great!
my one suggestion or question is ... will acorn assist you with putting a picture and description of each room on your webervations form? i did that myself and other innkeepers here have done it ... so i know you can do it yourself.
i'd do it so when folks go to book they see each room right on the booking page ... no going back and forth. please don't consider this a criticism ... just a suggested tweak..
seashanty said:
looks great!
i'd do it so when folks go to book they see each room right on the booking page ... no going back and forth. please don't consider this a criticism ... just a suggested tweak.
Along those lines, can you easily modify the site (changing pictures, updating text, adding specials, dropping in an eye-catcher, for example), or do you need have Acorn do it? I've been wondering about that, and I really like their work, but I'm not in a position to have them do a site yet.

looks great!
i'd do it so when folks go to book they see each room right on the booking page ... no going back and forth. please don't consider this a criticism ... just a suggested tweak..
seashanty said:
looks great!
Along those lines, can you easily modify the site (changing pictures, updating text, adding specials, dropping in an eye-catcher, for example), or do you need have Acorn do it? I've been wondering about that, and I really like their work, but I'm not in a position to have them do a site yet.
My site was done by Acorn a few years ago. They suggest Snippetmaster (reasonable charge) so you can edit your website yourself. It's an easy program to learn and you can easily edit text, but I always have them do the pictures. I don't want to have to mess with the proper resolutions, etc. Acorn specializes is teaching and offering service where you can learn and do things for yourself if that's what you want to do.

my son builds sites using dreamweaver and photo imaging software ... i don't know the names of the current programs he uses ... anyway, i was under strict orders not to 'play' with the website. a different picture or two would look just swell to me and he'd have a fit ... he assigned me specific cells where i could change text or one picture ... cells within a cell or box i guess. but not anything else.
i didn't understand until he showed me screen shots of website versions so i could see what he meant. if i paid big money for a professional site, i'd be very careful with it.
the blog became my creative outlet.

my son builds sites using dreamweaver and photo imaging software ... i don't know the names of the current programs he uses ... anyway, i was under strict orders not to 'play' with the website. a different picture or two would look just swell to me and he'd have a fit ... he assigned me specific cells where i could change text or one picture ... cells within a cell or box i guess. but not anything else.
i didn't understand until he showed me screen shots of website versions so i could see what he meant. if i paid big money for a professional site, i'd be very careful with it.
the blog became my creative outlet..
You're right Seashanty that you need to be very careful of where you update with an editor. The designer/host will make certain areas of each page off limits to you when you're in the program to edit. It's mostly text that is edited. If I want to change anything in the areas off limits, I need to contact my designer/webmaster to have them do it. Also, your host should be making backups of your site daily or every couple of days. If you accidentally did something that affected your page, they can reload the previous version. Of course, you don't want to get into that position, but if you do, you'll be ok.

Back