It's going to be one of those weekends.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
We had a two-nighter that was supposed to arrive yesterday that called yesterday afternoon to tell us they had a death in the family and couldn't come. I expressed my sympathies, but reminded them of our cancellation policy for cancelling less than 24 hours in advance i.e. full forfeiture of their reservation. "WHAT?, Well we didn't know that he was going to die!" "Yes," I said, "but reminded her that she had made a contractual agreement and that it was binding. Long story short, they called back this morning and wanted their second night. Not a problem. I hadn't resold the room. It's funny how less critical things become when you have to pay for it.
Another couple set to arrive this afternoon for a two-night stay on a gift certificate finally call after 5 p.m. to talk about their arrival tomorrow. I asked her what day she thought it was. She didn't have a clue.
So, since I can't resell the room at such short notice, another 2-nighter becomes a 1-nighter.
Weird. Profitable, but weird.

Profitable and also a night off!!
teeth_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
I asked her what day she thought it was. She didn't have a clue.
Considering the growing drug problems (prescription Rx's as well as illegal drugs) of people in this country, I think the coming years are going to produce more and more of this sort of problem. I'm not saying this particular woman is on medication, but a lot of them are, and they're out there driving cars and making overnight reservations!

I find this scenario now. "One of the night's is not open, so I will put in other dates" and then they try to book two nights when there aren't two and then say "Oh we have the wrong date" Uh yeah, no kidding. I had a dude from Maine pull that today and email "Cancel my booking, I wanted the 28th and 29th!" Yeah full up buddy, it told you it was full up too!

Back