It's Snowing!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Well JB, I guess your guests were right...you guys are getting lots of snow down your way and into NC...so I guess it was good that you agreed to the cancellation. Things are pretty slow here right now and this white stuff just put a damper on the weekend. Several friends here have had cancellations from the few guests they had on the books.
Can't fight Mother Nature
cheers.gif

First time we are allowing guests to enter through our quarters! The porch is slick as! We can't let them slip and break their necks. It snowed all night and will all day as well. Have about 6 or 7 inches now and will get double that by later.
DH was out shoveling snow so they could get out of the cottage to the main house for brekkie. They are enjoying every minute. It really is lovely to lay in bed and watch the snow falling.
A super nice couple who said they need to get away so bad they will risk the elements! They are in the parlor now reading. First guests ever who hugged me upon check in. I thought it was so cute! I told him he didn't cancel because this way he can say to work (in another state) sorry I can't get back, we are snowed in here!
(This was not the other couple who cancelled, but I gave this couple the option as well and they said they need to get away bad! They told me they brought a suitcase full of books!)

First time we are allowing guests to enter through our quarters! The porch is slick as! We can't let them slip and break their necks. It snowed all night and will all day as well. Have about 6 or 7 inches now and will get double that by later.
DH was out shoveling snow so they could get out of the cottage to the main house for brekkie. They are enjoying every minute. It really is lovely to lay in bed and watch the snow falling.
A super nice couple who said they need to get away so bad they will risk the elements! They are in the parlor now reading. First guests ever who hugged me upon check in. I thought it was so cute! I told him he didn't cancel because this way he can say to work (in another state) sorry I can't get back, we are snowed in here!
(This was not the other couple who cancelled, but I gave this couple the option as well and they said they need to get away bad! They told me they brought a suitcase full of books!).
That's cool, glad there are those hardy souls out there who don't worry about dealing with the elements. Me....I stay put.

We had a snow squall the other day. Blew in and blew out but took the warm weather with it. Brrr. But it's sunny and beautiful out there. (To look at.)

This is the strangest place I have ever lived. Truly, there is no looking out the window to see what the day will be like here. Yesterday blue skies, 60 degrees warmth from the sun, your car was hot inside, and today 18 degrees and 7 inches of snow.
"You don't like the weather here? Wait a minute" is the truest statement ever made.

I got up to a "dusting" of snow. Then as I am writing to the grandson of my original owners I look up nd it is SNOWING!!! We probably have a couple inches now but it is still snowing for all it is worth! It is like looking out through 2 sets of sheers - the ones on the window and the falling snow!

Back