It's So Cold Outside... Witches Are Running Around Bare Chested!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, 1 degree this morning... kitchen pipes frozen!! grrrr...
Wind chills this weekend... -20 YIKES!!
Someone.. PLEASE redirect Mother Nature... she's obviously lost... not supposed to get that cold here! I'm really longing for the Great PNW now!!! sigh.....
Down to 9 tonight then 40s over the weekend and Monday afternoon we slide back to the deep-freeze with a vengeance. The gas company LOVES old houses like mine this time of year - little or no insulation, high ceilings, lots of windows. When Scrooge left London, he bought a gas company in the snow belt area of big old houses.

yep, 1 degree this morning... kitchen pipes frozen!! grrrr...
Wind chills this weekend... -20 YIKES!!
Someone.. PLEASE redirect Mother Nature... she's obviously lost... not supposed to get that cold here! I'm really longing for the Great PNW now!!! sigh.....
Down to 9 tonight then 40s over the weekend and Monday afternoon we slide back to the deep-freeze with a vengeance. The gas company LOVES old houses like mine this time of year - little or no insulation, high ceilings, lots of windows. When Scrooge left London, he bought a gas company in the snow belt area of big old houses.
weve got flood warning (not for my town but nearby) and all the seaside places are really struggling as the wind is blowing the sea up the rivers and the heavy rain can't get out so its just sort of bunching outwards onto the land - its a ruddy nightmare

-3 here and we have flooding down the street from the ocean, over the roads. yet it is supposed to jump to +54 on monday! then down to 24 on tuesday. it is too cold to be outside for any length of time. i am trying to understand the jump in temp in a few days and then back down with snow on the way. why?

-3 here and we have flooding down the street from the ocean, over the roads. yet it is supposed to jump to +54 on monday! then down to 24 on tuesday. it is too cold to be outside for any length of time. i am trying to understand the jump in temp in a few days and then back down with snow on the way. why?.
Because it CAN

They were just saying that it's currently colder in Canada than on Mars..
Arks said:
They were just saying that it's currently colder in Canada than on Mars.
In a CITY at that! You expect 60 below in the Arctic Circle, not Winnipeg. Or, maybe in Winnipeg, too.
ha ha yep Winnipeg is one of thee coldest place I had lived in for 16 years. Then the next coldest place has to be Edmonton . Five very long years. brrr In Jan it was brutal so say the least. I always say the best thing I saw 0f Edmonton was through my rear view mirror of the car.
We are here in Hardeeville SC. They say they are cold ,,,but it is only 37f going to 50. Yes it is cool mainly cause it is dam.
But I guess cold is relevant!! to what you are used to.

Arks said:
In a CITY at that! You expect 60 below in the Arctic Circle, not Winnipeg. Or, maybe in Winnipeg, too.
ha ha yep Winnipeg is one of thee coldest place I had lived in for 16 years. Then the next coldest place has to be Edmonton . Five very long years. brrr In Jan it was brutal so say the least. I always say the best thing I saw 0f Edmonton was through my rear view mirror of the car.
We are here in Hardeeville SC. They say they are cold ,,,but it is only 37f going to 50. Yes it is cool mainly cause it is dam.
You are in Hardeeville??? My brother in law lives in Ridgeland. We will be down there before the PAII conference!
Riki

Arks said:
Nineteen years ago today the moving van was being loaded in Carpentersville, Illinois and the temp was 6 degrees F. On January 6, 1995 the van was being unloaded in Shinnston. It was in the 40s and we were wearing sweaters and sweatshirts - and the locals were looking at us as if we were nuts. Bt 1996 we were shivering with them!

Arks said:
You are in Hardeeville??? My brother in law lives in Ridgeland. We will be down there before the PAII conference!
Riki
Hey wonderful!!!!. What are your dates??? We are moving to Edisto state park on Jan 7th. for a few days, then off to Charlston for the conference. Maybe we can get together.???? We will not be that far away.

Arks said:
Riki
Hey wonderful!!!!. What are your dates??? We are moving to Edisto state park on Jan 7th. for a few days, then off to Charlston for the conference. Maybe we can get together.???? We will not be that far away.
Flower said:
We will be at the conference in Charleston so will see you there! Riki

Eeeekkk!! I remember those January days from way back when, frozen pipes and all.
We're going to get some of this weather - down into the 40s on Monday night, but today, it's sunny with highs in the low 80s, so we're going to take the boat out to the sandbar for a couple of hours. This is exactly why I live here and put up with hurricane season in the Fall....for the winters!

Back