It's that kind of weekend

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our wedding pitas are gone... and to their credit they all went to bed at midnight while I was upstairs gabbing and laughing with my girlfriend and her friend until 1:30 in the morning. (Payin' for it today...)
My pitas seem so mild in comparison to yours... Yesterday was my first time I made a gorgeous breakfast to have them walk out without eating it. I managed to communicate in the afternoon that I don't care if they eat or not, but I would like to know one way or the other. So, today they all ate and raved about it. Well, yesterday was their loss...
They've also been my hard-learned lesson on why I stick to my guns on the extra person charge. The room's not in bad shape, it was just so much work setting it up for the extras, and now I have to go put it all away (opening the sleep sofa requires rearranging the room...).
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
They've also been my hard-learned lesson on why I stick to my guns on the extra person charge. The room's not in bad shape, it was just so much work setting it up for the extras, and now I have to go put it all away (opening the sleep sofa requires rearranging the room...).
=)
Kk.
I learned that this summer with the bedwetter and the grandmas.

no Red Hatter people here yet.... I think they would be a fun group to have!.
FUN!!! THINK AGAIN.... while they seem like a really fun bunch of ladies..the ones I know if put together in a group at one place..would be just as demanding as wedding guests...no thank you:)

After reading all the breakfast threads I realized that in spite of all my kvetching we had no diets to meet this weekend.

Our wedding pitas are gone... and to their credit they all went to bed at midnight while I was upstairs gabbing and laughing with my girlfriend and her friend until 1:30 in the morning. (Payin' for it today...)
My pitas seem so mild in comparison to yours... Yesterday was my first time I made a gorgeous breakfast to have them walk out without eating it. I managed to communicate in the afternoon that I don't care if they eat or not, but I would like to know one way or the other. So, today they all ate and raved about it. Well, yesterday was their loss...
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
It is any group...I am not a fan of the groups and am glad that we only have 5 rooms! We do have some families coming in that have booked mulitple rooms. I'm fine with them taking over the common space, as long as someone doesn't think that the couch in the parlor is good for napping!
angry_smile.gif

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
It is any group...I am not a fan of the groups and am glad that we only have 5 rooms! We do have some families coming in that have booked mulitple rooms. I'm fine with them taking over the common space, as long as someone doesn't think that the couch in the parlor is good for napping!
angry_smile.gif

Samster said:
angry_smile.gif
Make it uncomfortable...pillows or whatever. I HATE that. Guys do it all the time. Out like a light and I'm trying to show walk-ins around and they think it's hubs sleeping in the middle of the afternoon in front of the TV. NO! NO! NO!

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
angry_smile.gif

Samster said:
angry_smile.gif
Make it uncomfortable...pillows or whatever. I HATE that. Guys do it all the time. Out like a light and I'm trying to show walk-ins around and they think it's hubs sleeping in the middle of the afternoon in front of the TV. NO! NO! NO!
Sorry...we don't do "uncomfortable" here
regular_smile.gif
We are all about comfort! I was just thinking back to another family group where one of the young women was stretched out...not taking a nap but relaxing. Certainly not something that most guests would do on an antique Duncan Phyfe sofa (although it is very comfortable). haha! I have not had it happen again.
I didn't realize that you had a sofa in your common area because you only have a picture of 2 rockers on your site!

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
angry_smile.gif

Samster said:
angry_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
We are all about comfort! I was just thinking back to another family group where one of the young women was stretched out...not taking a nap but relaxing. Certainly not something that most guests would do on an antique Duncan Phyfe sofa (although it is very comfortable). haha! I have not had it happen again.
I didn't realize that you had a sofa in your common area because you only have a picture of 2 rockers on your site!
I have those 2 rockers, the couch and a table and chairs. I want there to be SOME surprise when guests arrive! The couch is leaving as soon as I can remodel the living room. I'll get 4 'club' chairs to put around the fireplace. Leave the table for 'work' but have a conversation area with the new chairs. The TV will go over the fireplace and I'll have a huge area once the floor model TV is gone.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
angry_smile.gif

Samster said:
angry_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
I have those 2 rockers, the couch and a table and chairs. I want there to be SOME surprise when guests arrive! The couch is leaving as soon as I can remodel the living room. I'll get 4 'club' chairs to put around the fireplace. Leave the table for 'work' but have a conversation area with the new chairs. The TV will go over the fireplace and I'll have a huge area once the floor model TV is gone.
See, as a guest I'd like to know that there's some upholstered seating there and also the fireplace. I'm not a fan of rockers. Again, this is probably just me.....

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
angry_smile.gif

Samster said:
angry_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
See, as a guest I'd like to know that there's some upholstered seating there and also the fireplace. I'm not a fan of rockers. Again, this is probably just me.....
The couch is a not too pretty 80's pink covered in a slipcover which makes it more shabby than chic. It looks perfect until someone walks past it and then it falls apart.
tounge_smile.gif
It'll take a couple of thousand to do all the updates I want to do in the living room. Ugh.

Back