It's that kind of weekend

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Clothing strewn all over the floors. McD's wrappers sorta close to the trash cans. Empty plastic water bottles all over the floor. One guest took the plastic toothbrush holder, removed the slotted top and used it for a glass. She had to bypass 3 glasses to get at the holder. The plastic holder was covered in some sort of slime and there were lip marks on it.
We have cloth covers on the spare tp and we found one in the trash. It had something nasty all over it. Lovely.
2 more mattress pads had to be cleaned today. That's 4 this week so far.

Are these the wedding guests???? Gosh how disrespectful can you get?.
The worst of it was the wedding guests. These are not kids, either, but it seems like college all over again...in and out of each other's rooms, borrowing each other's things, etc.

We have wedding guests this weekend who seem to be incapable of completely closing the door or, conversely, remembering to take a key to get back in. Plus dozens of phone calls from people looking for rooms for tonight. If that door's not shut, we'll have people wandering around looking for a room inside before long.

bree, heavy drinking? i find that some guests here together (especially for a wedding) all drink excessively. make a mess and don't behave logically.

pita.gif

bree, heavy drinking? i find that some guests here together (especially for a wedding) all drink excessively. make a mess and don't behave logically..
I am assuming the worst of the drinking will be tonight. I hope it doesn't get out of hand and spoil everyone else's time. And I still have a room open. All of the calls so far have been 'room for 5' or 'pet-friendly room'. Ah well, the day is young...

When you said Wedding, that is all it took. I do not know what comes over people when they are getting together for an event, weddings and reunions are the worst. They loose all their upbringing. Geeez!

Right now I am not worrying another minute about guests...it's hubs' b'day and he's worked all day with no recog from anyone but me and the dog and a couple of guests who read the board. No call from his daughter, no call from any of the grands. Amazing. MY family sent him cards. NOTHING at all from anyone in his fam. 8 brothers & sisters and not a peep.
So, we're going out for a drink (not at the cabaret
wink_smile.gif
).

Get woken up at 1 AM by drunken cursing. This is a first. (amazingly, given the stories I've told!) I listen for awhile longer, maybe it was someone outside on the street or just a stubbed toe or even a nightmare. (I am wishing it is any of these things and not a drunken fight between husband & wife.)
A few minutes go by, nothing. Then I hear, 'Aw, c'monnnn.' OK, I am up and out of the bed. Sorry, but this sounds domestic to me. I'm picturing someone is 'locked out' of his room and this could get REALLY loud pretty quickly.
I wake up hubs and tell him I think we have a fight brewing. He gets up. We go to the door of our room and open it. We hear voices. I grab the phone in case we need 'backup'.
Hubs is almost out the door and we hear the TV. It's the ballgame. In extra innings. Their team is losing.
This morning they are all gone. I think. All their cars are gone. Then one of them comes down for brekkie. Immediately goes for the sports page. I say, 'Sox lost.' He says, 'I was telling them, "Shhhhhhh," we don't want to have to go sit in the car to listen to this on the radio.' He knew right away that they had been loud. I was thankful that they were at least respectful enough to realize they were loud and to shush it pretty quickly.
All the rooms around the TV were their rooms (wedding) so I didn't worry too much about them bothering anyone else. No one else mentioned it this morning.

have any of you ever had a demestic dispute situation at your inn between a couple that the plice needed to be called for? we pray it never happens here but you never know...expect the unexpected, huh?

oh my goodness with my typos...domestic & police...i'm just trying to type to fast, i guess.

have any of you ever had a demestic dispute situation at your inn between a couple that the plice needed to be called for? we pray it never happens here but you never know...expect the unexpected, huh?.
mollysmom said:
have any of you ever had a demestic dispute situation at your inn between a couple that the plice needed to be called for? we pray it never happens here but you never know...expect the unexpected, huh?
Almost.
Drunken dispute, hotel people. Not saying that in a bad way, but they are not B&B goers by nature. So think if they scream and yell and cry outside on the porch noone else can hear them? Dh diffused the situation (not soon enough, I might add, but he wanted to be careful - not a good time to STEP in when tempers and emotions and booze are high).
They behaved after that and WERE very embarrassed. Thankfully. I would have asked them to leave, DH said HE WILL be asking them to leave if they don't simmer down. Oh joy, now I recall - here for a wedding. !!!
whattha.gif

Wdeeing PITAS Stink! Swirt, you should make a little guy holding a sign that says "Wedding PITAS stink" j/k
well, i have always told dh that if we ever have a fight
smileystooges.gif
situation in the middle of the night or whenever, i just want us to call the police right off, i don't want him to try to intervene & risk getting hurt or something. when people are drunk their actions are so unpredictable. i'm a big chicken
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
so i would be too scared to try to break it up.

And that weekend continues...
Guests asked earlier if it was ok if they left at 11:30 so they could attend a family event. Not a problem. Until now. Noon. One guest returned, but doesn't want to 'pack up wife's things'. Wife not here. Told guest he HAS to pack up wife's things we need to clean the room.

has anyone had problems with the Red Hatters? I've heard that there's a hotel in FL that is always booked when a Red Hatter group wants to book - from a rowdy bunch in the past - too loud, too much booze, poor tips, rooms a wreck. That is probably an isolated incident, but that hotel won't chance it again.

no Red Hatter people here yet.... I think they would be a fun group to have!

Our wedding pitas are gone... and to their credit they all went to bed at midnight while I was upstairs gabbing and laughing with my girlfriend and her friend until 1:30 in the morning. (Payin' for it today...)
My pitas seem so mild in comparison to yours... Yesterday was my first time I made a gorgeous breakfast to have them walk out without eating it. I managed to communicate in the afternoon that I don't care if they eat or not, but I would like to know one way or the other. So, today they all ate and raved about it. Well, yesterday was their loss...
They've also been my hard-learned lesson on why I stick to my guns on the extra person charge. The room's not in bad shape, it was just so much work setting it up for the extras, and now I have to go put it all away (opening the sleep sofa requires rearranging the room...).
=)
Kk.

Back