It's that time of year

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Bear with me, please, it's that time of year. I am grumpy as an old bear right now. Happens every year at this time. Light is changing, days are shorter, I didn't get out at all this summer, it's cold in the morning. I need a few weeks to adapt. So, bear with me if I'm grumping about every little thing.
tounge_smile.gif

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are wonderful. When I feel that way It helps to take a walk. I grabbed a quick walk with my neighbor today just to get out of the house (and away from needy guests) and breathe some fresh air. I feel the same way about the shortening days and the cold mornings. September is such a bitter-sweet month.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are wonderful. When I feel that way It helps to take a walk. I grabbed a quick walk with my neighbor today just to get out of the house (and away from needy guests) and breathe some fresh air. I feel the same way about the shortening days and the cold mornings. September is such a bitter-sweet month..
I went to the library tonight. THAT helped. Got one of JB's 'suggested readings' books by Philip Gulley. They had to push me out the door to go home.

Sorry you're grumpy! :-(
We have a bit of a different problem. It's still in the mid 90s here every single day and no rain for I don't know how long. People are grumpy about how things are not surviving in yards and how some pests have been able to take advantage of the heat stress. (I'm one of those people....)
I'm looking forward to Northern California in 2 weeks and getting out of this friggin' heat! Our son will be staying here...after heat in the 100s in Texas and working outside on building projects, he says this temp doesn't bother him at all.

We have a bit of a different problem. It's still in the mid 90s here every single day and no rain for I don't know how long. People are grumpy about how things are not surviving in yards and how some pests have been able to take advantage of the heat stress. (I'm one of those people....)
I'm looking forward to Northern California in 2 weeks and getting out of this friggin' heat! Our son will be staying here...after heat in the 100s in Texas and working outside on building projects, he says this temp doesn't bother him at all..
Yes, most of the guests are getting off the plane in shorts and running to the store to get long pants. They can't believe they left (80, 90, 100 degree temps) and it's 60 here. I've been getting, 'You weren't expecting this weather were you?'
Quite frankly, I take whatever weather shows up, I don't check to see what's coming! But, yes, in Sept, I expect weather in the 60's.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are wonderful. When I feel that way It helps to take a walk. I grabbed a quick walk with my neighbor today just to get out of the house (and away from needy guests) and breathe some fresh air. I feel the same way about the shortening days and the cold mornings. September is such a bitter-sweet month..
I went to the library tonight. THAT helped. Got one of JB's 'suggested readings' books by Philip Gulley. They had to push me out the door to go home.
Morticia said:
I just started listening to Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. It's long, 976 pages or 40 hours, but it grabbed me right away. If you have an ipod you can listen to it while you cook or clean.

I'm looking forward to Northern California in 2 weeks and getting out of this friggin' heat! Our son will be staying here...after heat in the 100s in Texas and working outside on building projects, he says this temp doesn't bother him at all..
Yes, most of the guests are getting off the plane in shorts and running to the store to get long pants. They can't believe they left (80, 90, 100 degree temps) and it's 60 here. I've been getting, 'You weren't expecting this weather were you?'
Quite frankly, I take whatever weather shows up, I don't check to see what's coming! But, yes, in Sept, I expect weather in the 60's.
I am LOVIN this Maine weather! Yippee! Don't wanna go back to Texas! Had to buy another sweatshirt today, but who cares! The sky is beautiful, the air is crisp and clean, and I'm not dealing with guests. Life is grand!

Country Girl said:
Don't be too hard on yourself. You are wonderful. When I feel that way It helps to take a walk.
A shot of Bourbon also works well.
smiley-char092.gif

I am LOVIN this Maine weather! Yippee! Don't wanna go back to Texas! Had to buy another sweatshirt today, but who cares! The sky is beautiful, the air is crisp and clean, and I'm not dealing with guests. Life is grand!
Enjoy the weather!

Country Girl said:
Don't be too hard on yourself. You are wonderful. When I feel that way It helps to take a walk.
smiley-char092.gif

Proud Texan said:
Country Girl said:
smiley-char092.gif
Two works better!

Enjoy the weather!
What a difference in attitude with guests and weather........
Guest #1" I arrived home this eve with hubby fixing fireplace in one room. Ok, we chatted abt 1 minute,
doorbell rang. "I'll get it, you're busy". I said hello to a very irritable guest that complained that it was raining. Yep, It is the Pac NW in Sept, and we have occ sprinkles! It was not raining by our standards, just misting! "I cannot get my bags". I said no issue, I will get them. I toted the 2 bags upstairs, while she complained abt "rain the whole trip, cannot see any views, etc".
A few moments guest #2 came in that stated the sprinkles were nice! Felt good while hiking, and they had sun for 6 days!
Disconnect. Gave them wine and tea. Tried the invisible cloak and it did not work tonight. They still wanted me to be the weatherman!
We have wifi, I will give you a laptop if needed, and weather.com is as reliable as most!!

Morticia said:
I just started listening to Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. It's long, 976 pages or 40 hours, but it grabbed me right away. If you have an ipod you can listen to it while you cook or clean.
THAT is awesome!!! Love that book so much. It was just made into a mini-series on Starz, it was excellent.

Cee Cee I hear ya on that whole situation.
Had two rooms here for a sunset dinner cruise package and told me it was a blast, they recommend it. Two weekends ago I asked the guest who went out on it how it was and her reply "Dark". I said, "Well it is a SUNSET dinner cruise" did you get to enjoy the sunset?" "I spose so but then it was just dark." What part of 730-1030PM don't you understand? and...drum roll please...it was a gift to them. Miserable ingrates.

It is named Christian Louboutin for the reason that man who create Christian Louboutin shoes. At the same time, it's helpful to reduce the risk of injury for the player. If you think your feet should be protected well during the strenuous exercise, the Christian Louboutin Pumps are the right choice for you. There are many Cheap Christian Louboutin Heels from our shop. If you want to learn more informations of those Christian Louboutin Boots, please visite our website http://www.louboutinshopsale.com/. Are you looking for a comfortable shoes? We are ready for you to give you great discount Christian Louboutin Sandals and best service.

Just wondering Mort........if you are grumpy now. What's it like in January ?
I to have a personality change when the days get short. For me this usualy happens after the new year.

I to have a personality change when the days get short. For me this usualy happens after the new year..
One Day said:
I to have a personality change when the days get short. For me this usualy happens after the new year.
I'm fine in January- I'm on vacation! But I'm used to the light change by then and the days are getting longer.

Back