It's the little things...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"While we normally don't offer our room items for sale, we're certainly happy to sell them to guests to remind them of their stay. We're sure it was an oversight to let us know you wanted to purchase these items, so we've taken the liberty of charging your account for them. Thank you so much for your stay!"

Would you prefer to pay for the items, or that I put in a police report?

It's an easy choice. And this way they know exactly what will happen if they try the chargeback.

Followup: Housekeeper reported this afternoon that the following items are now missing from the room:
  • Hand mirror
  • Metal container for jet tub "bath oils"
  • Metal container for clothes washer detergent pods
  • Spiral bound "Welcome" book describing how to work heat and air, TVs, restaurants, etc.
  • Spiral bound "History of the Building" booklet.
I've emailed her asking if she wants me to add those items to her charge card bill. I'm ready to do battle! I should have know that I should reject someone who asks for 10 a.m. arrival or they won't book!

It's almost 2 months since I charged them for all the missing items, and so far no contact from them or CC company, so I'm hoping I'm safe from a chargeback!

It's almost 2 months since I charged them for all the missing items, and so far no contact from them or CC company, so I'm hoping I'm safe from a chargeback!
Keep watching. My first & only chargeback - the SOB called from 7 miles away just off the Interstate to tell me I was too far from where they wanted to be - that I was more than 10 miles from the city he wanted and I had lied than I was only 10 miles from that City. Using the highway one block from my house it IS 10 miles. He cancelled, I was pissed, and I charged. I watched for 2 months, breathed easy, and did not check the statement the next month. He did a chargeback and I had not challenged it. Money gone!

Back