It's the rudeness more than anything...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I have a fairly nice garden right outside the entry door. I generally have a pot of annuals sitting on an old garden chair, tucked in among the perennials. Today Gomez looked out the window and there was a bag of trash in the flower pot. I will grant that the flower pot doesn't have any flowers right now, but whoever did that had to step into the perennial bed to throw their trash in the flower pot. They were equidistant to their car or the front door at that point, either choice would have been a better one than to dump garbage in amongst my flowers.
Gomez, soul of discretion, said, 'I wish I had seen that happening. I would have embarrassed them for sure.'

You probably have an idea of who did it too. You can pick out the disrespectful ones pretty quick. Makes you want to take the bag and throw it in their room, on top of their clothes.

That is very rude! We were just downtown today for our Market Days (took the car because dh did something to his ankle yesterday) and took a drive down to the river and watched as someone just dumped a fast food bag of trash out the car of their window!! What the?? This was right where everything has been renovated and cleaned up. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
angry_smile.gif
You just want to have someone like that spend hours in the heat cleaning up along a road.

You probably have an idea of who did it too. You can pick out the disrespectful ones pretty quick. Makes you want to take the bag and throw it in their room, on top of their clothes..
Banana said:
You probably have an idea of who did it too. You can pick out the disrespectful ones pretty quick. Makes you want to take the bag and throw it in their room, on top of their clothes.
No, this always surprises us. We also had a guest who said someone took her stuff out of the guest fridge. No idea who that might have been, either.

We have people smoke near our front door (we have a smoking area at the back to discourage this but they do sometimes smoke at the front to and we find fag ends in the plant pots!!! GRRRR

That is bad. It makes you wonder if they were purposely trying to be disrespectful or just that dumb.
Last weekend I had a mother with two daughters here, the first morning the Mom pulls me aside to say one of the girls was sick last night but she "managed to make it into the basket". The Mom (unbeknownst to me) had put the bag of "goodies" right outside the front door entrance. She asked me where the dumpster was, she'd get rid of it. Um, we are a HOUSE, there is no dumpster. I took it and put it out back with our trash. Good grief...the basket was right next to the TOILET for heaven's sake, she couldn't have "made it" there???

That is very rude! We were just downtown today for our Market Days (took the car because dh did something to his ankle yesterday) and took a drive down to the river and watched as someone just dumped a fast food bag of trash out the car of their window!! What the?? This was right where everything has been renovated and cleaned up. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
angry_smile.gif
You just want to have someone like that spend hours in the heat cleaning up along a road..
There is such a problem around here that the Justice of the Peace in each area are assigned to handle litterers. All it takes to be charged is for someone to jot down the license plate number and report when and where the litter was thrown out. - It can even be a cigarette butt. They will be out on the road cleaning. The city has signs along the downtown areas which warn people "littering fine up to $5,000 - cigarette butts are litter"

Clearly disrespectful. I have had people toss cigarette butts on the ground right next to the smokers post. They do it for spite.
Wonder if the food the other guest was missing is in that bag - that wouldn't suprise me either.

My mother sits on her deck and tossed butts over the edge. As you can see I am nothing like my mother, this is something that infuriates me. So that said, this is how she treats her own home, why would she not do that everywhere else she went? My Father in protest won't pick them up as he gets ticked off at her doing it. So he goes to mow or weed or plant or whatever and there they are piles of cig butts. Not disrespectful as much as it is laziness.

Clearly disrespectful. I have had people toss cigarette butts on the ground right next to the smokers post. They do it for spite.
Wonder if the food the other guest was missing is in that bag - that wouldn't suprise me either..
You know what really makes this all so annoying? At the same time these people are here (whoever they are), I have a family arriving here today who respectfully parked their car at noon and walked to town to see the sights instead of trying to get into their room early. When they came back, their dog did its business on the lawn and they cleaned it up and threw the poop bag in the trash bin outside. NOT in the flower pot. NOT left on the lawn. AND, they apologized for ringing the bell at 2:30 and said, 'It's pretty hot out here, is it ok if we come in?'

Wonder if the food the other guest was missing is in that bag - that wouldn't suprise me either..
You know what really makes this all so annoying? At the same time these people are here (whoever they are), I have a family arriving here today who respectfully parked their car at noon and walked to town to see the sights instead of trying to get into their room early. When they came back, their dog did its business on the lawn and they cleaned it up and threw the poop bag in the trash bin outside. NOT in the flower pot. NOT left on the lawn. AND, they apologized for ringing the bell at 2:30 and said, 'It's pretty hot out here, is it ok if we come in?'
God Bless the nice ones!!! Glad you at least have someone there to balance out the idiots.

God Bless the nice ones!!! Glad you at least have someone there to balance out the idiots.
Ditto Rupert!

It always surprises me when someone behaves that way too. It's not like they don't know you're the one who has to clean it up. I'm curious, what would Gomez have said to them? I alway wonder how to handle such situations.

some people just make me livid today is really busy where I am people are bussing in from 20 miles away but we had a room tonight as one of our chaps setting up for it went early. However there was an email saying there were two ladies who needed a twin could anyone with one please ring them. I did unknowing my mum was selling to a walk in as I spoke. Went up and saw what had happened and said "oh no what are we going to do etc" and the woman said and this is a quote "Well I have the keys HA HA" and walked out I was stood there with a stunned look on my face! I found them a twin and sorted it all out but I could not believe that woman's attitude.

Back