It's too darn hot!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
We're into day 35 of triple digit temperatures. Today it's going to reach 110º with no relief in sight.
devil_smile.gif
I feel like I'm under house arrest. You can't go anywhere or do anything.
What I don't get is that business has NOT slowed down. Why on earth would people want to travel in this heat?
I'm not sure how much money we're actually making because we have to run the ACs 24/7 and our electric bill is creeping up.
I know some of you pray. I know some of you are praying for rain. Could you be a little more specific in your requests?

I'm so trying for you PT! I don't think there's any frustration like the kind you're having, it drives me bonkers. I am sending WET thoughts and prayers your way!

Whoa .... I really feel for you. I hope, hope, hope you get some relief SOON.

not just wet but cool! we have it really muggy here where the sweat drips off your face. its really icky.

I guess all the other Texans are feeling trapped too, so it's better to have new surroundings when struggling with this heat.
We have had an unusual numbers of Texans this summer. Our temps on the coast have been very cool, and they're so happy! Any day it rains, they love it and of course wish some of it would land over your part of the states.
Hang in there PT, we're rootin' for ya!

PT, we're two hours west of you, and I'm right there with you. Except our business has all but dropped off, and I can only feel relief. Having watched our electricity bill and knowing what it takes to cool rooms in this old house, I KNOW we would be losing money. Better to have empty rooms that don't cost
sad_smile.gif

Maybe they want to travel in this heat to get somewhere that has A/C - and that would be your place! May raindrops start falling on your head soon!

Back