I've been terminated!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTLLodge

Reaction score
Just when I was going to tell them I was going to quite, (going to be opening B&B in 2 weeks)! they tell me they are terminating me. O MY GOD! Now I get a severance payments!!!
wow.gif
LOL
If you remember at the end a April they cut my hours and that is when we been going full speed ahead building, and starting the business.
cry_smile.gif
but these are happy tears!!!
Thanks guys, love ya all

wow!
best of luck to you!!
why were you terminated? is it lack of business? will they give you a good reference? *wink* do they know of your plans?

GOOD ON YA! We look forward to your innkeeping stories soon. :)

Cost cutting is the reason and if I needed to, I could get a reference. But I am hiring me! ( the best person to get the job done) They have no Ideal I have been working on a B&B
cheers.gif

Cost cutting is the reason and if I needed to, I could get a reference. But I am hiring me! ( the best person to get the job done) They have no Ideal I have been working on a B&B
cheers.gif
Buying yourself a job is what you're doing!

Congratulations! What a bonus! Now you can devote yourself full time to your new B&B and get paid for it! (well, at least for a little while)
Best of luck!

I am sooo happy for you. I tried to do a voluntary lay-off in 1994 - to save someone else's job and to get the severance (one week pay for every full year of service and I had 14). However they knew we had bought the house in WV and I did not get the layoff.
It did have its compensation though - I got to see who DID get laid off - my first Dept head who was a total ass, jerk, and a lot of other descriptive things (when I walked into the area and saw him standing there with his coat on and the paper box, what everyone used to take their belongings home, I did a 180 back into the hall, did the YES! and whispered, "There IS a GOD!"). I also worked longer than 14 weeks before I left so I made out better financially too.

Back