I've got nothing better to do...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
...so, sure, slop your coffee all over the counter and leave it there. Drip your tea bag all over the floor instead of moving the cup over to the trash can. Dribble the milk all over the fridge. Wad up your candy wrappers and leave them in the cushions of the chairs.
Yeah, your mom is just down the hallway waiting to pick up after you.

Leave your garbage on the coffee bar instead of putting it in the trash right at your feet... Put the dripping decanter on the tablecloth instead of on the saucer where you found it... Reach across the table for jelly and drop some on my tablecloth.. go ahead... I don't mind. I already have to wash it because that bozo next to you dripped syrup on it... no big deal at all.

Leave your garbage on the coffee bar instead of putting it in the trash right at your feet... Put the dripping decanter on the tablecloth instead of on the saucer where you found it... Reach across the table for jelly and drop some on my tablecloth.. go ahead... I don't mind. I already have to wash it because that bozo next to you dripped syrup on it... no big deal at all..
We put the syrups out on a small plate because they do drip. Where do guests put them? Right on the tablecloth. I can guarantee that on the day I serve anything with blueberry sauce I am going to be washing the tablecloths. I don't know what it is about blueberry sauce.
It boggles my mind that guests must really think I want to wash these tablecloths everyday because the teabags go right on the tablecloths, the jam spoons follow and the eggy knives are right behind.
I dread biscuit mornings as I know I will be vacuuming everywhere to get the crumbs up.
I should stop complaining. The season is about over. Another week and then I have LOTS of time off.

Leave your garbage on the coffee bar instead of putting it in the trash right at your feet... Put the dripping decanter on the tablecloth instead of on the saucer where you found it... Reach across the table for jelly and drop some on my tablecloth.. go ahead... I don't mind. I already have to wash it because that bozo next to you dripped syrup on it... no big deal at all..
We put the syrups out on a small plate because they do drip. Where do guests put them? Right on the tablecloth. I can guarantee that on the day I serve anything with blueberry sauce I am going to be washing the tablecloths. I don't know what it is about blueberry sauce.
It boggles my mind that guests must really think I want to wash these tablecloths everyday because the teabags go right on the tablecloths, the jam spoons follow and the eggy knives are right behind.
I dread biscuit mornings as I know I will be vacuuming everywhere to get the crumbs up.
I should stop complaining. The season is about over. Another week and then I have LOTS of time off.
I put syrups (other than maple) in a gravy boat, it naturally calls for the saucer. But the syrup itself, we use the Trudeau dispenser, fits a full can, too.
I am surprised that they put the tea bags on the table. Could that be because you are using mugs instead of tea cups? Seriously, I have NEVER had a tea bag on the table, ever.

I put syrups (other than maple) in a gravy boat, it naturally calls for the saucer. But the syrup itself, we use the Trudeau dispenser, fits a full can, too.
I am surprised that they put the tea bags on the table. Could that be because you are using mugs instead of tea cups? Seriously, I have NEVER had a tea bag on the table, ever.
I get some pretty classless people sometimes. I think some of them were born in the basement and never brought up.
We do use mugs, not tea cups. I got rid of the saucers a long time ago because it was just too much in the dishwasher. I have tea bag holders that I put on the table if I see someone making tea. I don't get why they don't put them on their empty fruit plate.

I have got to come up and visit you and see what is up with these guests that you get! I never encountered these kinds of things. But, getting stuff on the table cloth was inevitable every day, even with saucers for the syrup, dishes for the used tea bags, placemats on top of the tablecloth and using chargers. I washed the table cloth every day and switched it out with a different one. But that's a lot different than washing a bunch of table cloths. Like innkeepers don't have enough laundry...

I get some pretty classless people sometimes. I think some of them were born in the basement and never brought up.
We do use mugs, not tea cups. I got rid of the saucers a long time ago because it was just too much in the dishwasher. I have tea bag holders that I put on the table if I see someone making tea. I don't get why they don't put them on their empty fruit plate.
I use antique clear glass custard cups for the tea bags/strainers/infusers. So far, they have used them. I did have a guest who spilled tea - and mopped it up with a cream colored napkin that is no longer usable since it got dyed with the tea. The tablecloth was a dark color and it would never have showed on it!

I have got to come up and visit you and see what is up with these guests that you get! I never encountered these kinds of things. But, getting stuff on the table cloth was inevitable every day, even with saucers for the syrup, dishes for the used tea bags, placemats on top of the tablecloth and using chargers. I washed the table cloth every day and switched it out with a different one. But that's a lot different than washing a bunch of table cloths. Like innkeepers don't have enough laundry....
Samster said:
I have got to come up and visit you and see what is up with these guests that you get! I never encountered these kinds of things. But, getting stuff on the table cloth was inevitable every day, even with saucers for the syrup, dishes for the used tea bags, placemats on top of the tablecloth and using chargers. I washed the table cloth every day and switched it out with a different one. But that's a lot different than washing a bunch of table cloths. Like innkeepers don't have enough laundry...
You know they'll all behave especially well if being observed. :wink:
I have 8 tablecloths to wash when I do them...the 4 on top and the 4 underneath. Next time I make another batch I am going to make one extra so I can swap out if one of them gets particularly grunged.
This week I seem to be having an awful time even keeping them on the tables. I go to set up a table for the next guests and find the previous guests have practically walked off with the tablecloth. It's hanging by a thread on the edge of the table. But, hey, it's not their job to try to straighten it out a little after they drag it halfway across the room.
But, the tablecloth fiasco now has me wanting to redo the tabletops with resin and put maps and the like underneath.

We have had a nightmare with table cloths - bought a set - just enough to cover the tables to see how we liked them - went to order more and they had stopped making them! Great!
However one of our regulars has branched out (works in flame effect) into table cloths - spent more than I should as wanted a lot in - in case we hit the same problem of supply - however they make them to any size you want and they are impregnated with some chemical that stops liquids going in.
ie - you spill milk it simply beads on the cloth and you can just dab it up with a piece of kitchen roll - but the cloths feel like fabric!
very pleased with them.

Back