IWB what do you think

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Never heard of them. My opinion? Did they email you to try to sell their service? They do that really well. The rest, not so great.
Googled them and their pitch is "Cheap hotels, holiday reservations, and online hotel bookings'
Your rates are not 'cheap' ... why go with this? Please listen to the wise ones on this forum who give you their honest opinions. They've been in business for years and know what they are talking about.
You said your money is tight, and what you really need is a reliable online reservation system, not a cheesy third party booking site with an outdated website that advertises CHEAP.
Being honest..
Thank you for your honesty. I respect all of you immensely. My husband and I are just learning and can you all the advise you all are willing to give. The old owner is just breathing down our throats to use IWB! UGH!!!
I have used Reservation Nexus and Reservation Key - still with Reservation Key. There is a small possibility you might see our inn on IWB as I added our place in 2006 or so when I was trying to get visibility on the web. It was free then and didn't charge, just gave a link to your own site. Since I have n e v e r received a booking from them, it doesn't strike me as a good choice.
I don't remember how many rooms you have. A participant here does hotel and inn websites. I periodically read his blog. Here's a link to one of his posts and another possibility if you have a small, easily minded inventory.

No. Never heard of them. My opinion? Did they email you to try to sell their service? They do that really well. The rest, not so great.
Googled them and their pitch is "Cheap hotels, holiday reservations, and online hotel bookings'
Your rates are not 'cheap' ... why go with this? Please listen to the wise ones on this forum who give you their honest opinions. They've been in business for years and know what they are talking about.
You said your money is tight, and what you really need is a reliable online reservation system, not a cheesy third party booking site with an outdated website that advertises CHEAP.
Being honest..
Thank you for your honesty. I respect all of you immensely. My husband and I are just learning and can you all the advise you all are willing to give. The old owner is just breathing down our throats to use IWB! UGH!!!
I have used Reservation Nexus and Reservation Key - still with Reservation Key. There is a small possibility you might see our inn on IWB as I added our place in 2006 or so when I was trying to get visibility on the web. It was free then and didn't charge, just gave a link to your own site. Since I have n e v e r received a booking from them, it doesn't strike me as a good choice.
I don't remember how many rooms you have. A participant here does hotel and inn websites. I periodically read his blog. Here's a link to one of his posts and another possibility if you have a small, easily minded inventory.
also if you are trying to attract international visitors - as a UK had never heard of it had to look it up!

Easy peasy ... the old owner is not you. Is it lease to own? I hope you've got a legal agreement with your own lawyer.
As for her recommendations/advice: You can say 'Thank you We are considering it.' and then let it go.
I would..
We are doing a lease to own. We do have a lease agreement that a lawyer did draw up. So do we need a booking agent? If so, why or why not?
Thank you
I am assuming as long as you make your monthly payment you owe no allegiance to the former owner. Your website is set up, you can take online reservations albeit basic set up. Folks can still book a room on line. Sure reservation key would be great if you can afford it but why pay an OTA that is old and dated and one that majority of innkeepers think is a joke.
We have given you lots of marketing ideas. Use them. If you want something else why not try out air B n B? They will be less expensive. Talk to other innkeepers in your area what if anything do they use?
Only you know how much you can afford to pay out and still make your monthly payment.
I hope owner is not going to try to micromanage you. Don't put up with that!! The place is yours now do what YOU want.
Did your contract have a clause about the old site being redirected to your new site? I
sure hope so.
You are right! The old owner can be somewhat of a bully. We are going to do Air BnB. Ordered business cards so when they come in we are going to go to downtown Nashville and hand them out to local businesses. Also, ordered a new sign for the front of the business.
I can never thank you all enough for all your help.
Life is so busy right now I barely have enough time to go to this site.
Busy is a wonderful thing. Not burned out busy but loving what I do busy.

Back