Japan 8.9 quake and Tsunami

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
My niece just emailed and she is FINE.
She is there on her own (20) and we were very worried, she felt the quake and aftershocks but is far enough away from the water.

Glad to here this JB. We have guests from Japan here NOW. They were up early watching the reports, they live about 250 miles from the earthquake area but their area has experienced some minor damage and widespread power outages. They contacted their family and all are safe.

Volcano erupted this morning.
Second Hydrogen explosion at nuclear plant.
Infrastructure overall in Japan after massive quake and tsunami.
Please pray for my sister whose child (she is 20) is there teachng English and doesn't feel the need to come back to the USA. She is in Sapporo and not in the affected area and assures us everything is fine, but the grandparents and all of us rel's are concerned for her being their on her own.
Thank you.

Please pray for my sister whose child (she is 20) is there teachng English and doesn't feel the need to come back to the USA. She is in Sapporo and not in the affected area and assures us everything is fine, but the grandparents and all of us rel's are concerned for her being their on her own.
Thank you..
Please pray for my sister whose child (she is 20) is there teachng English and doesn't feel the need to come back to the USA.
Done.

Thank you..
Joey Bloggs said:
Please pray for my sister whose child (she is 20) is there teachng English and doesn't feel the need to come back to the USA.
Will do.

My mother (her grandmother) is putting together emails from every family member to urge her to come home. She is 20 and said no, that she has faith in the Japanese gvmt. But the infrasture is something they have no control over in these massive disasters one after another. We are all very concerned. Her mother cannot force her to come home. We have told her she can certainly go back later...

GOOD NEWS! My mother has been working on it and convinced my niece to come home. She flies home Thursday. As you can imagine, no flights out of Tokyo so it was quite an ordeal to even get her out. We assured her she can go back any time. This was her only grandaughter for 10 years, and they have been super worried about her, as have all the family.

GOOD NEWS! My mother has been working on it and convinced my niece to come home. She flies home Thursday. As you can imagine, no flights out of Tokyo so it was quite an ordeal to even get her out. We assured her she can go back any time. This was her only grandaughter for 10 years, and they have been super worried about her, as have all the family..
Joey Bloggs said:
GOOD NEWS! My mother has been working on it and convinced my niece to come home. She flies home Thursday. As you can imagine, no flights out of Tokyo so it was quite an ordeal to even get her out. We assured her she can go back any time. This was her only grandaughter for 10 years, and they have been super worried about her, as have all the family.
That's wonderful news. Prayers for safe travel and peace of mind...

GOOD NEWS! My mother has been working on it and convinced my niece to come home. She flies home Thursday. As you can imagine, no flights out of Tokyo so it was quite an ordeal to even get her out. We assured her she can go back any time. This was her only grandaughter for 10 years, and they have been super worried about her, as have all the family..
YEEHAA!!!!! Never poo-poo the power of a grandmother!

That is good news. Here's hoping that she has safe & uneventful journeys home.

UPDATE: SHE LANDED AT SEATAC< SHE IS HOME. :)
Just got the call she is flying out tonight. The pgrm she is with told her to take everything with her as most likely they won't be continuing the pgrm. She was sad as she could not say goodbye to people she has been able to know there. But she is nearly on the plane home! Before the entire infrasture of Japan collapses under this catastrophic burden.
The family are all so happy to have off that island where none of us can help her if she needs help.

Just got the call she is flying out tonight. The pgrm she is with told her to take everything with her as most likely they won't be continuing the pgrm. She was sad as she could not say goodbye to people she has been able to know there. But she is nearly on the plane home! Before the entire infrasture of Japan collapses under this catastrophic burden.
The family are all so happy to have off that island where none of us can help her if she needs help..
Joey Bloggs said:
Thank GOD!

The family are all so happy to have off that island where none of us can help her if she needs help..
YEA!!!!!!!!!

SOOO very happy to hear this! What a relief for your family. Wonder what stories she will be able to tell.

Joey Bloggs said:
Thank GOD!
What a relief! I was hoping she would agree to at least vist. I am afraid things are only going to get worse there. So hard to watch such destruction.

Great news!

Back