JB - Do you have family in Queensland?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
JB - Do you have any family in Queensland with the flooding? Hope everyone is OK.

Yes, they are fine right now. Thank you for asking. DH's sister is a police officer so she is in the thick of it right now with emergency services.

Yes, they are fine right now. Thank you for asking. DH's sister is a police officer so she is in the thick of it right now with emergency services..
Joey Bloggs said:
Yes, they are fine right now. Thank you for asking. DH's sister is a police officer so she is in the thick of it right now with emergency services.
She will be in my prayers along with my DD (also a cop but not in the ghetto this NYE) - she will also be working tonight.

I can't believe the flooding it is larger than France and Germany combined!

I can't believe the flooding it is larger than France and Germany combined!

NSW has not had a drop of water/no rain.
Speaking of water the northern part of Ireland and Northern Ireland has had no water all week, 30,000+ homes. They have had record breaking temps below zero celsius for days and pipes burst everywhere and they cannot even buy buckets now to get water from the water trucks.
My sister and family north of Dublin have had no water for 5 days, not a drop. They have water rationing everywhere else. She said it is terrible for their whole family to race out to a water truck with cups and pots to fill with water for personal drinking use, like something you see in a third world country.
Hard to find this in the news, but I did a little bit. So many areas have SOME water now, but very little.
Still No Water For 4000 In Northern Ireland[/h3]‎
[COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]Sky News[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)] - Adam Arnold[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]-[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]27 minutes ago[/COLOR]
Around 4000 homes are still without running water in Northern Ireland as engineers battle to repair pipes which burst in the recent big freeze. ...

Northern Ireland water supply is 'precarious'‎ [COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]-[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]CNN International[/COLOR]

Speaking of water the northern part of Ireland and Northern Ireland has had no water all week, 30,000+ homes. They have had record breaking temps below zero celsius for days and pipes burst everywhere and they cannot even buy buckets now to get water from the water trucks.
My sister and family north of Dublin have had no water for 5 days, not a drop. They have water rationing everywhere else. She said it is terrible for their whole family to race out to a water truck with cups and pots to fill with water for personal drinking use, like something you see in a third world country.
Hard to find this in the news, but I did a little bit. So many areas have SOME water now, but very little.
[COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]Sky News[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)] - Adam Arnold[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]-[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]27 minutes ago[/COLOR]
Around 4000 homes are still without running water in Northern Ireland as engineers battle to repair pipes which burst in the recent big freeze. ...

Northern Ireland water supply is 'precarious'‎ [COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]-[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(118, 118, 118)]CNN International[/COLOR]
It is awful but Scotland and England are helping by sending water but it seems like in the extreme weather a lot of mains pipes are bursting and as of this morning 4000 were still without which sounds a lot but there was I thing 32,000 with out to start it is a lot better. It just seems mad as in the UK and ireland it rains all the time so we should never be short of water (ie no like Australia where it may not rain for years).

It is awful but Scotland and England are helping by sending water but it seems like in the extreme weather a lot of mains pipes are bursting and as of this morning 4000 were still without which sounds a lot but there was I thing 32,000 with out to start it is a lot better. It just seems mad as in the UK and ireland it rains all the time so we should never be short of water (ie no like Australia where it may not rain for years).
Those who are taken out of that number may now have a trickle of water, so they are still without water to cook, clean and bathe. The thing is, sunny skies in Ireland means cold, whereas the grey damp drizzle meant above freezing temps at least.
Geography time. In Australia, which is the same size as the continental USA, and has all sorts of climate - snowskiing, dry arid lands, coastal plains, they have the RAINS season in the Northern Territory and Queensland, that is where they get the tropical monsoons etc. So having heavy rain is not unusual there. Anything in its path is washed away, but some areas are getting even more than usual.
I always laugh as we were not allowed to water our lawns in Seattle/Puget Sound area every other day in summer and yet it rains 7 months out of the year!
And now our West Coast is getting the rain that normally as the song goes "It never rains is southern CALF" but should go on to say "but if it does watch out!" :)

I feel sorry for the OZZIES as they had those terrible fires not so long ago. No one deserves a natural disaster. My aunt is currently on call with the Red Cross in Hatie deaing with the cholera epidemic it makes me count my blessings.

from twitter:
Amazing Footage from yesterday of the Floods in Toowoomba (hard to believe its a city at the top of a mountain range) - http://bit.ly/gOrcnUhttp://bit.ly/gOrcnU
JB Yes this city is at over 2200 feet, it is unbelievable to see this sort of flooding there. We were in Toowoomba a few years ago.

My Sister lives in Sydney and is keeping me informed of how things are going there. They are asking everyong who can to help those in Queensland.

Back